State Tournament

tbag4head

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call there BotW. I hate to say it but everytime I have seen Nick andLuke wrestle Nick has pretty much owned him. Take nothing away from Borneman he is a great wrestler. First take down is a very safe bet in a close match I think that it will be the deciding factor and I am not sure how good manley is on his feet but I know Nick has got many excellent tools at his disposal as far as on his feet.

To be honest I haven't had the privilege of seeing Manley this year but I am sure I will at state since one of my boys may get him in the third round. What I see is Nick shotting in and getting punished off more than once but then getting a good set for a high crotch or sweep where he can rotate out from underneath quicker and get a good angle.

I don't need to tell anybody that Spencer Manley is the real deal. When Ty Cody was just beginning to wrestle, the first thing he was able to do well was counter takedowns. He's developed into a fairly total wrestler. Spencer was able to take him down pretty much at will. Ty's being able to ride him the second period was an act of damage control for which I was thankful. Spencer is a total package. He's strong and technically sound. I saw Marable this summer. That's gonna be one heck of a match, maybe a classic. Hopefully Ty will be in the finals on the other mat. Save me the tape Tim.

I think Stuart Cope of Centinnial will win.

Cope will have to get very lucky to even place 6th. There are many tough wrestlers at 103 including Dario Rudas, Elee Puckett, Devon Martin, Jason Mcroskey, Tanner Johnson, and Jahmal Shelton. He is not yet on the same level as these guys.

i hate to hurt anyones feelings but their is no way that franklin is goin to come close to soddy or bradley. BOTW you are saying that franklin should place all those but if you look at it that way then soddy should place;103,119,125,135,145,189,and 215 with a couple of possiblities.

Don't worry, my feelings aren't hurt. That's 7 placers to 5 placers in Soddy's favor. That's not too far behind. I never said they would win, but if a Soddy kid gets upset early, and Franklin wins a bunch of consolation matches, they will be closer than people are expecting. Clarksville also has potential to score a lot of big points at 152, 171, 189, and 275. I think those will be the top 4 with Overton, Collierville, and Cleveland back there.

At 103, watch for Darius Williams of Ridgeway. Mark my words, he will surprise you (if you aren't from the West).

I agree with Waddell but I see Walker in the finals at 189. I also see Huff in the finals at HWT.

Of course you agree with Waddell because he is your team's representative at that weight. I am partial to McCallie, obviously, but I took much into consideration when I made my predictions. The Walker/Rudolph rematch will be a good one and I am picking Rudolph to win, I have my reasons. Secondly, Heavyweight will be a fun one. I don't know much about Hooser (MUS), just that I saw where he beat Huff when they wrestled in state last year. Also I am looking forward to seeing the rematch between Huff and Moore (McC). And then finally whoever wins the bottom bracket against Forte(BA). It's almost here mtnrasslin!

mason1bball-

I picked Saint(CBHS) because he defeated Lomas(FR) handily at the Duals. I see this match as a toss up between Wash(BA) and Saint. I just made my pick as Saint because of his good showing at the Duals and Wash did not even wrestle at them.