Hutchins to South Doyle

TribeFan

It is official Erik Hutchins has accepted the head coaching job @ South Doyle.

He leaves McMInn after one season as the TRIBES head coach and a record of 9-3, he did a great job and SD is getting a great young coach. I wish Erik and his family the best of luck and hope he has a great experience @ SD. Good luck Hutch!!!!!!!

Edited by TribeFan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point nothing has happened it has not even been in the paper about Hutchins leaving. I would suppose the school will start accepting application very soon because spring practice is just around the corner.

The rumor mill says that Benny Monore the legendary Cleveland High coach might be interested. You must know that Benny is a McMinn boy he was schooled here and played and then coached here in the early 70's. There should be quite a few applicants apply but who knows. I suppose the word will spread and interested coaches will start to inquire in the upcoming weeks.

Rumor has it here in South Doyle land, that we will be simply trading coaches.

Jim Swafford is rumored to be the front runner. He really impressed McMinn County in the playoffs several years ago. I mean he started 2 fights, cussed out the officials, and then wouldn't shake hands, but never fear, Coach Swafford apogolized and mended a lot of fences. I won't be surprised if Coach Swafford is soon again leading a tribe of Cherokees!

2Hot4U you are correct about a few things like the cussing and lack of sportsmanship but one thing you are very wrong about is that Swafford will not be leading this bunch of Cherokees. If he is leading a tribe of Cherokees it will be down the trail of tears not here in McMinn County. We already got someone in mind that will make everyone forget about Hutchins and Mullinax both.

TribeFan - I am glad that you got true hint of sarcasm. I think the only team that Coach Swafford will be leading, will be the PoDunk County Monarchs from Gooberville, USA.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a great coach at McMinn.

Tell mw more about the offensive and defensive schemes ran by Coach hutchins.

Coach Hutchins runs the Wing T but it is a modified version that he learned from Meadows @ Jefferson Co. There are alot of formations that the same plays are run out of. He also likes to get in the gun and spread you out. I promise you that it will be exciting wheather you are a player or a fan you will enjoy his style.

On defense he likes to run a 4-3 and put alot of speed of the field where he can put alot of pressure on the QB, especially if his opponent is in the gun.

He is a "Players Coach" and take it from somebody who has known him for 30 years you will like him as a person and will come to like him has a football coach, if people will be patient and give him the necessary tools to operate he will build SD into a winning program. Good Luck to SD and "Hutch" ( as his friends refer to him by).