Spencer Manley gets appointment to Annapolis

karelin

I would like to congratulate Spencer on his appointment to the Navy Academy, its quite an accomplishment...however he is quite the young man...I know how hard he has been working this season and I am confident in that his extremely large amount of dedication will pay off tomorrow. Good Luck Spence!

BigJohnFan - I saw Spencer Friday in the semis he was awesome. I will definitely be back for the finals. Hard work does pay off go Spencer and go Big Blue!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while it's certainly an honor to be appointed to the navel academy, it's not exactly reasonable to draw comparisons between spencer and leen. leen is headed to a top 5 wrestling school to compete with the big boys right off the bat as a sure fire freshman starter at cornell...

bballer, you need to stick to the courts because you have no idea what you are talking about. Cornell, while a fine program, is no more a top 5 team than UTC is. In the NCAAs last year they were top 20. They are ranked maybe 15 this year going in. They will probably take 3rd at the EIWAs, one slot ahead of Navy. Navy and Cornell are in the same league, with Navy holding an 18-7 dual match winning record. Cornell has been better the last few years. Historically, Navy is better. Both teams wrestle the same "big boys."

Another thing-where is Leen going to fit in Cornell's lineup next year? They are solid at 125, though I don't think he could make it down. 133 would seem logical, but Cornell has a NCAA champion returning there and two highly thought of recruits visiting. 141 might be the best bet, but it's also the most crowded weight with a soph. starter and 4 pretty good freshman. He's not big enough to go 149 yet.

Hey, Leen will do fine with time. Let him have it. Nobody, however, is "sure fire" at that level.