Where'd this South Greene team come from!

bsw

That was ignorant....(bigeaglefan) Look who's in South Greene's region......nobody they can't handle with the jv squad....nobody within 20 points of them.......yeah.....you must know your stuff.....they only have 5 gold balls and 4 silver.......think before speaking...lol...............they're tough....

South Greene has a great coach, great tradition, and a great team. They eliminated us two years ago in a tough regional semi-final. Last year we(Elizabethton) eliminated them in a first round regional game. I'm sure South Greene has improved, but they essentially have the same team as last year. We feel like we have improved as well. Unicoi has beaten us twice. It seems like District 1 still gets no respect, though we have been very successful the past two years. I know South Greene is good, but District 1 teams like to think we can play a little too!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bsw @ Feb 19 2004 - 08:04 PM)

That was ignorant....(bigeaglefan) Look who's in South Greene's region......nobody they can't handle with the jv squad

S Greene has had to go into OT twice with Pigeon Forge this season. I guess Larry should play his varsity next time. How stupid to comment that they could go through their Region with a JV team. Even Coach R knows that it is tough to beat a team 3 times when the games are that close. Look at their games with Rutledge during the McBee era. When Rutledge made it to the state it was a case similar to this. All you have done is post locker room motivation fo rht eteams in the district and region!!

And as for the Refs sticking it to whoever plays S Greene, This is true since most officials are scared to death of Larry. I say most, 99% are.

But he has earned respect as a coach

South Greene girls have been the suprising team to watch this year....they carry a a 25-4 record.....having beaten Heritage, Greeneville, sevier county in the pre-season.......................who knew.....my money is on them in AA

I recall Greeneville won the pre-season matchup with South Greene but dropped one in early December. Greeneville also won their last game. I don't recall South Greene playing Sevier County. When and what score? It really doesn't matter I think Seymour will smoke them.

Let me make some corrections. 4 gold balls and 3 silver. The player who tore her ACL in their last championship game was Sharee Renner and not Stacie Dunn. They did not play Sevier Co. this year during regular season play. All players were accounted for when Livingston won that UGLY Christmas tournament game--both teams lost the previous night. Brittany Waddell was diagnosed with mono prior to the Rutledge game which was subsequently an overtime game and she was still out during the recent Pigeon Forge game. She did play sparingly during their last game at North Greene. This is NOT the South Greene of the past. They are inconsistent which Coach Ricker attests to in the local paper. They beat Heritage and Greeneville (also losing twice to Greeneville) in the season, not the preseason yet struggle against lower tier teams in the district. This team has to earn respect. After their worst finish in 20 years--the loss in the first round of regions last year--no one will be intimidated by the name alone from District ! or 2.

No one from Region 1 can win at Seymour if that is a substate matchup.

Hey coach17 good win the other night after a tuff loss to Unicoi. Be prepared to deal with our constant burden of Ref's we have to deal with when you come to the regionals, unless you could bring some from up there. :D

Thanks, it was important for us to win after Unicoi thrashed us. Our refs have really been pretty good this season, but I doubt if we can bring any down.

Larry Ricker is a boob compared to Glenn Fisher. Every time the two meet, Fisher out-coaches the whizz out of Ricker. It's a joke how much better Fisher is than Ricker.

And as for Unicoi versus South Greene, sure Rebels bring your stinking JV to play us and we will beat you 110-20. Bring your varsity and it will be 80-40. South Greene couldn't beat us if we played in the dark and they had flashlights.

And as for Seymour, that's another joke. We have plan to shut their "stud" player down. Unicoi will beat Seymour, which I'm sure will choke in the regionl final agin this year, in erWIN by a score of 83-33.

UCDADDY,

I can assure you that Seymour is no joke! They are the REAL DEAL! You might be able to contain Brooke Johnson for a quarter , but she will still score her 30 plus points per game no matter what you try to do to stop her! They are one of the best teams in AA in East TN. Watch out for Pigeon Forge also. When they are on their game, they are hard to handle! South Greene is tough, but can be beaten!

It's funny to me...no actually a joke that someone has the nerves to get on here and say that South Greene's JV could walk through the Region...Seems to me Pigeon Forge's JV beat them by 25 AT South Greene. If your going to talk smack.... Make sure you can back it up. Bring on South Greene's JV. Any team in the District...or Region would beat them 20! Ha Ha! What a JOKE!