Head and Assistant Coaches Who Can Hoop

workhorse

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hendersonville High School:

* Kerry West - NAIA All American and Belmont Hall of Famer; great shooter and court vision

* Clancy Hall - 6'11"; played at Lipscomb during transition from NAIA to NCAA

* Kevin Fields - played at Belmont and is a man about basketball; plays in several leagues. Great hustler and savvy ball player.

* Stacia Dean - played for Lipscomb's women and went to NAIA tourney.

When the HHS teams were going through slumps, each of these coaches laced it up against their respective team and helped them improve. (The three guys added two players and beat the HHS starting five back to back to back.)

Chris Baker is the new assistant coach at Ooltewah, coaching with his father, the Legendary Ron Baker. Chris Baker was a point-guard at UNC-Charlotte, where he was apparently a star. You can ask the Ooltewah team about his playing ability...apparently he can take all of em. However, he won't be able to take the Old School Ballaz of Ooltewah when the cheering section takes on the faculty and coaches on March 5, 2004 in the NEST.

The Big Dawg

Edited by BigDawg55

You want a former coach who can hoop it up...Joey Coe out of Celina..I think hes an assistant coach in Jackson County now,but he still play some ball.He led the Bulldogs to a 37-1 record and the state tournament in the late 70's or early 80's,and was the man.He was picked as a Mcdonalds All American but didnt get to play because of injury I think,but he was awesome and still is,as I seen him playing in a basketball league in KY this summer.

SG#18