best juniors this season

mmb810

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a pretty good list but i am more interested in the shortstop position...

who would you rather take, Josh Green or Reese Cofer?

If some of you are wondering, Josh tore the labrum in his shoulder and has recently had surgery to repair it... i think he went to the prestigous Dr. Andrews in Birmingham...that is why he mostly just hit last year (.412 avg)... his arm should be back strong after a healthy recovery period and he has some really quick hands along with some of the other great shortsops of this area

Reese on the other hand played for the Colonels last summer and i think he has really gotten better as far as being a balanced ss and hitter... he has always hit pretty well, batting around .350 or so, but his fielding has improved some now...

Edited by shakinbake22

Brad Loy and Ryan Jones from Ooltewah is going to be shining alot this year.I believe we have a great team this year. Our coaches are two ofthe finest ones I know. They both know how to really play the ball game. Brad has great arm and shined when he was a freshmn and will shine when he is a senior next year. Ryan Jones has gotten a lot stronger since his freshman year. They are going to be grea baseball plaers this year. COme and watch us at out first home game March 15th vs. Walke Valley. :o

Vaughn from Soddy is a solid catcher.

Fabry and Cofer from Red Bank. Cofer has great hands and he is a heady player.

Smalley from Hixson. He will be among the best pitchers in town by seasons end.

Jones, Loy and Higdon at Ooltewah. Higdon will also be among city's top pitchers by seasons end. Loy maybe the best catcher in town if his bat stays strong. Ryan Jones goes and gets everything hit near centerfield, good arm, hits and runs well.

Turner from Walker Valley. Great hands, very solid player.

Charles Williams from McCallie. Good player also.

Yeah he narrowed it down very good, but I would put Jon King from Mcminn County in there. In the Daily Post Athenian (athens newspaper), King was ranked in the top ten at the Perfect Game showcase. The best of the best were there, and he proved himself worthy of being one of the best juniors in Tennessee. He is a teammate of mine, and is becoming a good leader on the varsity team.