Unaka Rangers Dist. Champs

creekercalhoun

Yeah you are right, Cloudland has to give Robbie more help in the scoring area. I thought it was a bold move playing Cloudland man up the whole game. Maybe they were going for the old game plan, let the star player (Robbie) get his points and make the rest of the players beat you. I will give it to Unaka, Great Defense taking away the threes. But i just didnt like the Foul at the end, let the boys play it out. And for fouls, Robbie was getting held down low ever time he tried to cut across the line and on every shot he took. Every time down court you could see his jersey being pulled or his wrist being smacked. So there were tons of fouls that were not called, and some that should have never been called. Both teams will have to up their free throw %, in the next week if they wish to cont. on into the State Tourny. I believe it will be a Unaka and Cloudland showdown for the Regional Champ. Game. Good luck to both teams.

Rusty had some great passes, but at times he tried to do to much. Rusty is a good player, but no one should get MVP avg (9 or 10 points a game in the tourny??) I thought number 34 Cline was the key to the Rangers last win. Hope we meet again in the Regionals!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off if you think Unaka is great think again  :blink:  .  They dont have any real competition in their conference except maybe Cloudland. I know Happy Valley didnt win the district but we did beat Unaka.  Look who we do have to play though. I mean I want to see Unaka take on Volunteer, EHS, & CHS and beat them  :) . It probably aint gonna happen.  As for Chambers gettin mvp thats a joke    :lol: .  When we played them he sucked majorly.  Personally I think Collins is a better player  :) , but everyone make Chambers out to be the great one. They need to take another look at Collins before they do that.  As for who should get mvp I think it should be anyone playin for the champ. whether they win or lose. Dont worry Unaka will probably be out first round so dont get a big head k.  :lol:

There goes Crowe again being hateful. I hope no one listens to her. She quit so now she has to put down everyone else. She also lost the miss watauga valley and blames the judges for cheating. Rusty did not give himself the award and Unaka did not give themself the foul so why are you all putting them down. you all need to leave it alone and save your breath for the games ahead. being mean don't solve things Oh yeah and the part about hv beating unaka this is the first year in a long time you beat them and you are the bigger school. you dont know what you are talking about crowe

Edited by gr8one

i agree hvhs shouldn't have gotten on this thread and talked about the valley. leave the comparison of hv and Unaka to another thread. Unaka and clouldland both have outstanding teams. everyone must realize what mvp stands for, most valuable player, not the best player. it's given to the player that has given his team the best chance of winning. which Unaka did. i'm sure if Cloudland had won tolley would have been the mvp. but they didn't so he did. a lot of the time the award is just given to the best player or the player that scores the most. a true mvp must help his team in all areas of the game. winining being the most important. that's what the mvp award is based on. at least that is what it is based on at milligan. most good teams could have a different mvp each night. collins being one at Unaka and byrd being the other at Cloudland. without each of these both teams wouldn't have been where they are now. chambers was most deserving of the award. sure tolley had a great tournament, all-tournament, but bottom line is winning in the tournaments. mvp should go with winning. as for the call, a call at the first of the game is just as important as one at the end but the latter gets all the attention. a missed or made free throw at the first is also as important as one at the end. could decide a game, which it did. at least this wasn't a do or die game. both teams will advance. both teams will have a chance to play again. both teams had better prepare themselves for a hard road at hancock county. good luck to both. look ahead not behind.

With success comes jealousy!! And that green-eyed monster leads to hurtful thinks being said. Congratulation to all the kids who participated and not just the one’s who received individual awards.

HV warrior “it's given to the player that has given his team the best chance of winning. which Unaka did. i'm sure if Cloudland had won tolley would have been the mvp. but they didn't so he did. a lot of the time the award is just given to the best player or the player that scores the most. a true mvp must help his team in all areas of the game. winining being the most important. that's what the mvp award is based on.”

Another gentleman by the name Tolley from Hampton has one of those from the state of TN, I believe from 1980 and the only Gold Ball in that school is stamped 1960. Can you explain that?

What is the name of this thread anyway? :blink:

Edited by ball411

BALL411 --- HOW DID Hampton, IN 1980, GET INTO THIS CONVERSATION AT ALL. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS YEAR. THIS YEAR, HV BEAT Hampton 3 TIMES INCLUDING THE CHRISTMAS TOURN. THIS YEAR, Hampton IS THE ONLY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY THAT HAS NOT HAD A TEAM ADVANCE TO ANY OF THE PLAYOFFS. THEY DID NOT GO TO THE PLAYOFFS IN FOOTBALL. YOU COULD SAY THEY WENT TO THE DISTRICT TOURNAMENT, BUT HECK, EVERYONE IN THEIR DISTRCIT PLAYS IN THAT. AND JUST TO PREPARE YOU BEFORE THIS SPRING, I WOULD NOT GET MY HOPES UP FOR BASEBALL EITHER.

BACK TO THE REAL TOPIC.

RUSTY -- PLAY ON PLAYA -- YOU GUYS WON THE GAME, AND THE MVP SHOULD HAVE COME FROM YOUR TEAM. YOU PLAYED JUST AS WELL AS ANYONE ELSE.

TOLLEY -- YOUR A GREAT BALLPLAYER. IF Cloudland HAD WON, YOU WOULD HAVE RECEIVED THE MVP.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU.

I'm not disagreeing with the MVP selection just a comment about the award going to someone because their team won from another post.

The only reference to "the other school that starts with a H" was made for Mr. Tolley and the great effort he made in 1980 and the award he received even though his team didn't win.

Nothing negative at all just fact.

Again the "Real Topic" Unaka Rangers Dist. Champs!!

bball411, I said that is how milligan does it and that is how it should be done. mr. tolley (Hampton) was a great player and probably was the "best" player in the tournament that year (in his division). it just depends on the interputation of the award. chambers was the most valuable player because he helped his team win. Cloudland's tolley just helped his team get close. no disrespect to him. so congrats to both players and their teams. besides if you look at what the tssaa does then you know milligan did the right thing because the tssaa hardly ever gets anything right.

i agree hvhs shouldn't have gotten on this thread and talked about the valley.  leave the comparison of hv and Unaka to another thread.  Unaka and clouldland both have outstanding teams.  everyone must realize what mvp stands for, most valuable player, not the best player.  it's given to the player that has given his team the best chance of winning.  which Unaka did.  i'm sure if Cloudland had won tolley would have been the mvp.  but they didn't so he did.  a lot of the time the award is just given to the best player or the player that scores the most.  a true mvp must help his team in all areas of the game.  winining being the most important.  that's what the mvp award is based on.  at least that is what it is based on at milligan.  most good teams could have a different mvp each night.  collins being one at Unaka and byrd being the other at Cloudland.  without each of these both teams wouldn't have been where they are now.  chambers was most deserving of the award.  sure tolley had a great tournament, all-tournament, but bottom line is winning in the tournaments.  mvp should go with winning.  as for the call, a call at the first of the game is just as important as one at the end but the latter gets all the attention.  a missed or made free throw at the first is also as important as one at the end.  could decide a game, which it did.  at least this wasn't a do or die game.  both teams will advance.  both teams will have a chance to play again.  both teams had better prepare themselves for a hard road at hancock county.  good luck to both.  look ahead not behind.

Very well put. The road is still long and there is no sense in bickering about the past.

"Go Unaka Rangers" I am proud of you! :blink:

I'm not going to get on here and talk about Cloudland, or how the game was won or any of that. I rode 4 and 1/2 hours from GA on Friday because I wanted to see a great game, and I got to see one. Congratulations Rangers on the District. I hope I get to ride up to Hancock to see ya'll in the Regional Championship on Thursday. Best of Luck Rangers!! Also, a big CONGRATULATIONS to the Coach of the Year, my very favorite Geography teacher EVER!!! :ph34r:

Edited by CourtneyBlake