Harpeth Vs Giles County who wins?

belmont3

I'm no huge fan of Tyler, but come on guys. This kid is for real like it or not. Lets face it, none of our credentials are like those of the ones across the nation that have this kid ranked in the top 10 ACROSS THE NATION!!!!!! Now I do agree that he can't dunk on "anyone at anytime", but the kid has a lot of potential.

As for Keith, you say you have watched GC all year and they can't be beat by anyone in the region. That says all it needds to say for you and your Bball IQ. Everyone knows that anyone can be beat at anytime. You have not watched all the other teams in the region play all year. You don't know what there best game is like. If you have watched any games maybe they didn't play well the games you saw. Oh sorta kinda like GC last night!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there and watched in person the athleticism that Smith displayed. His mental game needs to come around a bit....aka charges etc., but he is a hellava player. Dansby showed up and played his rear off. For the first time all season, I really thought Shane gave it all. Kudos to both players for an extremely hard fought contest.

I thought that Harpeth had a good scheme at slowing down GC's pace and that lead to the low scoring. Also, Harpeth hit several more three's that GC did and the Goodwin kid kept them in it until the end. Guys, lets face it Tyler Smith is a big prospect...one that only comes along in a while. He does not have to have a big stat line in order to win ball games because he has at least 2 if not three other D1 prospects on his team. With talent like that there is no need for him to take over unless someone is having a bad night. Dansby on the other hand has limited young help and needs to have a big night, mostly, for Harpeth to have a chance. Great post guys...keep them coming.

I'M OUT

Here's my two cents on last night's game. Tyler Smith had 23 and Shane Dansby had 23, but Dansby fouled out late because he picked up two early fouls in the 1st qtr. Tyler missed a couple of dunks because he was fouled. Both teams had 5 three's with Zach Holt getting 4 for Giles and Chris Goodwin getting 4 for Harpeth. Giles had a more balanced attack with 4 players in double figures while Harpeth had only 2. Shay Shannon had only 5 for Giles including just 1 three - I expect he will do a lot better in the next game. Also, Justin Morris for Giles did not score - I expect he will do better as well. Harpeth had 17 turnovers including 8 in the 4th qtr. while Giles had only 6 for the game. In my opinion, Giles did have an off night - maybe it was getting used to the gym or opening round jitters. I expect you'll see a much better game by them against the winner of Cheatham Co. & Lewis Co. on Wed. at 5:30.

LOL...look guys, there are two guys on here that somewhat agree with what I have been posting. Notice I said somewhat. GC has an off night and all of a sudden, everyone thinks they will get beaten before they get out of the region. I look at it like this, they had an off night against pretty good and well disciplined Harpeth team and they still came out with a 9 pt. win. Like Pageman, I look for GC to razzle dazzle tomorrow night. There is a charter bus coming from P-Town that is sure to help get the players hyped up. Mark my words, GC will be back in form tomorrow night and Tyler Smith will have points in the upper 20's.

Just going by the radio announcers didn't Tyler dunk on Dansby and was fouled by him. I think what keithr was trying to say is that if Tyler tried to dunk every time he got the ball then he would foul out because of the offensive fouls but he could dunk it over anyone on the court.

Good posts pageman & belmont! I was also in attendance,and you say that he missed two dunks, but I'm pretty sure anyone would miss them if they got hacked like he did every time he went up! I mean, were you not there when he took off from just inside the freakin free throw line like Jordan? The guy fouled him just to keep from getting embarrassed! Also, I believe Keith is right he could've dunked on anyone in the building, and Tyler proved this when he dunked right on top of, Mr. Mouthpiece himself, Shane Dansby! Did you guys just happen to be in the bathroom when that occurred? Dansby tried to jump with the BIRDMAN and got his feelings hurt! To say that Dansby dominated Tyler all night shows that you must not have been there or something, because Tyler and Dansby were rarely matched up, and when they were, there was no comparison! You can frame his little stat line if you want to, but it doesn't change the fact that Dansby will be going to Murray State and Tyler will be going to pretty much wherever he wants to with a handful of big gold rings!

And yes, last night was a very off night for Giles! Don't try to make yourselves feel better by saying that we came out full force! J-Mo just never got it going and there appeared to be a very lax attitude on the court!

" A GOOD team has an off night and loses, but a GREAT team has an off night and still finds a way to win!"

I can assure you that this will not happen again! ALL of the Bobcats will come out Wednesday night and play like they are able to play! So get ready!

LEBRON WHO?

If GC gets beat in the Region, I will be the first to say I was wrong, but that is an awful big IF. Come on, the best team in your region could only beat Fairview by 13 pts and they struggled.

Giles, the supreme God school of basketball, only beat the number 4 seed by 9 points. I watched Giles v Harpeth and the Sycamore v Fairview game and in my opinion nobody is playing good right now.

By the wasn't Giles supposed to beat Harpeth by 40 somthing? With harpeth barely breaking 40?

Not smack talk, but its tourny time and anything can happen.

The few times all year when GC had a off night they have always came back with a very strong showing the next game. If you non believers will just watch GC in the next round there will not be much left for you guys to say. If you continue to believe they really are not that good then you might as well get out your cleats and knock off the dust because your guys will be playing baseball next week!