Laura Hall

goosevol

Well all season we talked about Hall, Beechboard, Hensley and Johnson as the four best Class AA players in Tennessee. Unfortunately for OS fans, Hall didn't get nominated for Miss Basketball this season.

I want to congratulate Katrina, Marissa and Brooke for the nomination.

Hall, however, is a great player that just happened to get left out. Maybe she can win the state title as a way to make up for it.

They should do it like football and give more than one winner in each division. I mean in football they have 7 classes, then two or three winners from each class. I mean in basketball they could have and should have five finalists or have a Miss basketball guard and miss basketball forward. Why do it in one sport and not the others

Well, I'm sad for my favorite PG in the state. But I know like IAMOZ said 3 or 4 W's this week will more than make up for it. Laura's fellow players have finally stepped up an took some of the pressure off of her and she along with the rest of the team needed that to happen. After all this is not a 1 player sport like cross-country. May the best TEAM win all 4 this week. Congratulations to the other 3 girls. Now for my pick, BeechBOARD all the way (how many players can play all 5 positions and play them really good?) NOT MANY

Its hard for a girl as talented as Miss Hall is, not to get nominated as she can definately play with any of the three that were. Sometimes i wonder exactly how they decide on what qualifications a player must have to be nominated (maybe Iamoz can tell us), but she is very deserving of all the awards she receives as are all the girls. They have all put in countless hours in the gym, instead of going out with their friends, these girls practice, practice and practice some more. I for one hope they win the next 3 games just to show everyone who's the best in the east! ;)

Edited by devilfanatic

You know, if you would have told me at the begining of the season this would happen, i would have imagined there would have been a huge backlash. However, all four were very deserving and the fact Laura had a subpar year in compared to scoring, assists, and steals compared to her Junior and sophomore seasons, I could see where people would construe these statistics as being her having a less than stellar year.

A Late season injury hurt at the end of the year and dropped her scoring to 17 ppg. ( remember she averaged 22 last year). Also, losing to Seymour and Brooke Johnson at home hurt. Additionally, she went 1-1 against Livingtston Academy and Beechboard.

However, what posters need to remember is that no player in Tn womens High School plays for the Big Game better than Laura Hall. She has averaged over 27 ppg against Jackson County, Livingston Academy, and Seymour ( the three teams with finalists) in her last 7 games against these teams during a three year span dating from her sophomore year. Last year in the 4th quarter alone against Seymour she scored 22 points. The Year before last, she almost recorded a triple double of 30 points 11 rebounds and 8 assists against the Eagles. My point, is LH is a bigtime player

The Previous First Team AP ALL Tennessee PG and soon to be three time all state AA Player will come out of this OK and without question take her game to a new level with the goal fo leading OS to a state championship and end her storied high school career on a top of the mountain.

That being said, COngratulations to the three finalists. All are very deserving and play for exceptional teams. Good luck to all three.