Smith Co. vs. Jackson Co.

sleep23

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister was an Owlette on the '73 State Tournament team.

I believe that was the year that Jackson County went 35-0 and won its first state championship! Hey Queenie its suppose to be the 3rd times a charm, you had your chance! Its all business now. JC by 12! :)

well well.....it was close last time...will the outcome be the same..or will the red hot owlettes pull off the huge upset....

Red hot? i thought that was a piece of candy? besides sleep ya'll have lost 2 or your last 3 games, i wouldn't exactly call that on fire, but they are doing better than some ever thought they would! :)

Edited by devilfanatic

JC SC game will be another exciting game. I really think that SC has improved alot from the begining of the season, and next year they will for sure be a contender for the district, but as far as this year goes i have to say that JC will prevail against SC Wed. But hats off to SC for a great year.

Smith county was impressive in their win over Hume Fogg, especially in the second half. I think Jackson County will have to play much better against Smith County than they did against Portland. Jackson County was definetly impressive shooting the basketball, Naff doesn't miss from 3 if left open and Hensley is hands down the best basketball player I've seen this year but on the whole I might have expected a bit much. I can see how Smith County played them such a close game last time out. I also want to make a comment about Hensley vs Beechboard. I have nothing to do with either team, I am an outsider looking in and have only seen each of them play one game. In those games I thought Hensley was clearly the better player and if she does not get AA Miss Basketball something isn't right. Who is next at Jackson County? last year they had Miss Basketball and this year I believe they should have another, but whose next? In the game I watched yesterday they played primarily seniors with a sophomore mixed in, but no real up-and-coming star like they have had in the past. They beat a young Portland team who had only one senior and they start two sophomores. I think reading these message boards had me convinced that Jackson County, Livingston Academy, and the other 7AA teams would just mangle 8AA, but that is really not the case outside of the Springfield game.

Guest eaglemgr
last year they had Miss Basketball and this year I believe they should have another, but whose next?

aj1133---Jackson Co. did not have Miss Basketball last year. Miss Basketball went to Kendall Cavin from Martin Westview. Also, they did not have anyone up for it last year. Last year the three that was up for it was

Kendall Cavin from Martin Westview

Laura Hall from Oliver Springs (in which is not up for it this year) B)

Katrina Beechboard from Livingston Academy (Back-to-Back years) :)

Laura Hall should be up for it because she is a great player. I would say she could out play Marissa any given day.

Edited by eaglemgr

eaglemgr you better smoke you other one.she isnt even in the same class as merissa!!!!!!what are you thinking??i want you to come watch merissa play tomorrow night at Portland and then you can make your decision.ide say she had close to 30 last night and she maybe at the most missed 4 shots.she really makes her team go.i cant wait to see her join deanna and emily.tech should have a great team in two years.

eaglemgr you better smoke you other one.she isnt even in the same class as merissa!!!!!!what are you thinking??i want you to come watch merissa play tomorrow night at Portland and then you can make your decision.ide say she had close to 30 last night and she maybe at the most missed 4 shots.she really makes her team go.i cant wait to see her join deanna and emily.tech should have a great team in two years.jackson county should win by more than 10.