walker valley

mens mustangs 1

Hey LuckyDay, I got your back! What you said was not disrespectful to what kind of PERSON David was. When I read the comments, I was taken back a bit too, but I soon realized that you were simply stating your opinions about the coaching situation and not what kind of person he was.

I agree with you that David was a great person and deserves to be remembered as such.

Oh, by the way, I DO know who you are and that's why I know that you meant no disrespect.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're all entitled to our own opinions. But bashing a good man who has passed away is pretty low, even for you, and I have a feeling I know who you are. I happened to have run Cross Country and Track for the man and saying that he had no class is the most ignorant statement I think you could have made. He gave up so much of who he was for us. Im not saying that coach moore is a bad coach but i dont think he will have half the impact that coach lewis did on our lives.

David Lewis couldn't have accomplished half what Moore did this season. Against Bradley (at Bradley lost by only 12), and Cleveland (lost by only 3 at Cleveland) a Lewis team would have been destroyed.

He brought a lot of class to the program (which it needed) and the people that are fortunate enough to be around him are glad they are.

myspacebarisstuck Posted on Mar 4 2004 - 06:33 AM

Hey LuckyDay, I got your back! What you said was not disrespectful to what kind of PERSON David was. When I read the comments, I was taken back a bit too, but I soon realized that you were simply stating your opinions about the coaching situation and not what kind of person he was.

Oh, by the way, I DO know who you are and that's why I know that you meant no disrespect. 

I think I know who she is to and if it is who I think it is she was bashing and talking bad about coach Lewis when he was alive and coaching so why should things change now?

How is this not disrespectful?

It's amazing to me that people are on a coach because they lost a region game. Upsets happen. You can't blame Coach Moore for getting hired at Walker Valley. If I'm not mistaken when was the last time McMinn Central didn't win the district. Once in a blue moon. Coach Moore had a huge impact in my life, and I know his family well. I would not be coaching today if it were not for him. He is a moral person who teaches the game he loves to kids. Good luck with Randy at Seymour if the rumors are true.......

Hey folks the Knoxville paper will be reporting tomoorow Coach Moore will be joining the staff at Seymour High School. This is a great day for Walker Valley. If anyone out there can play tennis please contact Bob Taylor. Because he is loosing his partner in Steveo

Is this a done deal or it a coverup like what I keep hearing? Is he really going to make a move? What about his family? Are they moving or is he going to make the drive up there? I also heard from more than one source that he and his followers wree making a push for him to be at Bradley in either Smith or Harlowe's spot. Saw where Arts and Sciences didn't make it past the semi's last night.

It's amazing to me that people are on a coach because they lost a region game. Upsets happen. You can't blame Coach Moore for getting hired at Walker Valley. If I'm not mistaken when was the last time McMinn Central didn't win the district. Once in a blue moon. Coach Moore had a huge impact in my life, and I know his family well. I would not be coaching today if it were not for him. He is a moral person who teaches the game he loves to kids. Good luck with Randy at Seymour if the rumors are true.......

I do not have a problem with Coach Moore loosing or leaving. If he is? He seems to be a good coach (I know very little about Bball), he has to do what is best for him and his family.

As far as loosing goes well it’s a game someone has to win and someone has to lose, that’s the way it works in all sports.

What I have a big problem with is luckyday she gets on here and implies that a great man who has passed away was not a good coach and could not have done a good job and that he had no class and did not instill class or confidence in his teams. What kind of human being does that? If I was her I would be ashamed to show my face around the school.

I loved watching that Polk County team. The shaved heads and the intensity was something to see. I remember one of their kids diving into a wall through a chair like Jackie Chan or something at the region tourney. The chair was broken while the kid caught up to the fast break and still made a play. That was before that district moved down with the Chattanooga teams for the region......

luckyday- I agree with you and do not believe that you were being disrespectful to Coach Lewis as I was absolutely not when I said basically the same thing you did just on the other thread ...wv what happened? I think that anytime their is hard feelings over a situation or the loss of one whom was beloved by many as Coach was then we have to be careful or things can be misconstrued. Hey, it is 75 degrees outside- how about we all give thanks for a beautiful, early spring day and go outside and enjoy it. Anyway, I've got to ru get a Knoxville paper.