1A - After the Multiplier

One of the other threads got me to thinking about what the 1A regions would look like after the multiplier goes into effect. The regions I came up with were based on trying to keep most of the old regions together as much as possible plus the following:

There are 12 old 1A schools that are either not participating or are moving up:

Lighthouse Christian, Clarksville Academy, and TPS no longer have teams.

Powell Valley(now Cumberland Gap) will move up due to enrollment.

CAK, CPA, FRA, EHCS, Boyd, USJ, DA, and DCA will all be multiplied up.

There are at least 9 new football playing 1As since the last classification period:

Pickett County, Eagleville, White House Heritage, Zion Christian, Mt. Juliet Christian, Temple and by 2005 or 2006 Unionville, Grace Baptist, and Silverdale Baptist.

Here is where it gets a little murky. It looks like based on the above things that the cutoff will be somewhere around 400 students. The most recent numbers from the TSSAA (2002) show 9 current 2A schools under 400:

Rockwood-385, Dresden-390, Manassas-392, Alcoa-397, Adamsville-368, Trousdale Co-372, Houston Co-388, Hampton-397, and McKenzie-360.

Manassas, being a Memphis school, would likely stay 2A to remain in their current region. The rest I am going to assume will drop down.

Cloudland

Cosby

Jellico

North Greene

Unaka

Hampton

Coalfield

Midway

Oakdale

Oneida

Sunbright

Rockwood

Grace Baptist

TSD

Alcoa

Greenback

Copper Basin

Lookout Valley

South Pitt

Whitwell

Temple

Silverdale Baptist

Clay Co

Friendship Christian

Gordonsville

Monterey

Mt. Juliet Christian

Red Boiling

Watertown

Trousdale Co

Pickett Co

Jo Byrns

McEwen

Nashville Christian

Houston County

White House - Heritage

Columbia Acad

Zion Christian

Perry County

Cascade

Cornersville

Eagleville

Forrest

Huntland

Moore Co

Mt. Pleasant

Unionville (2006)

Fayette Acad

Jackson Christian

Middleton

Trinity Christian

Adamsville

Wayne Co

Collinwood

Gleason

Greenfield

Halls

Bruceton

Lake Co

South Fulton

West Carroll

Dresden

McKenzie

Edited by hssportsfan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coalfield

Greenback

Midway

Oakdale

Oneida

Sunbright

Rockwood

TSD

Alcoa

Copper Basin

Lookout Valley

South Pitt

Whitwell

More likely Greenback than Alcoa to be sent down to Region 3--they're right on the road from Alcoa to the southeast. (Quite possible they both will be.)

Edited to strike the regions I'm not commenting on.

Edited by silverpie

More likely Greenback than Alcoa to be sent down to Region 3--they're right on the road from Alcoa to the southeast. (Quite possible they both will be.)

You are probably right. It's hard to figure out where all these small town are. I'll make that change. It will even up the regions some.

Wartburg and Harriman are also possible move downers and would be in region 2a if that happened. Wartburg is the County Seat of Morgan Co. where Coalfield, Sunbright and Oakdale are located.

That is very true. I had to use 2002 numbers, and we all know the numbers will change some. Based on the 1A regions I used, the smallest schools left in 2A would include both of the schools you mentioned plus East Robertson.

East Robertson - 405

Wartburg - 409

Harriman - 412

Any of those schools could very well move down. It will all depend on the latest numbers. Wartburg and Harriman would fit well in Region 2 and East Robertson would join some old natural rivals in Region 5.

Edited by hssportsfan

Jo Byrns

McEwen

Nashville Christian

Houston County

White House - Heritage

Columbia Acad

Zion Christian

Perry County

Cascade

Collinwood

Cornersville

Eagleville

Forrest

Huntland

Moore Co

Mt. Pleasant

Wayne Co

Unionville (2006)

Fayette Acad

Jackson Christian

Middleton

Trinity Christian

Adamsville

McKenzie

Gleason

Greenfield

Halls

Bruceton

Lake Co

South Fulton

West Carroll

Dresden

(I edited your list to the areas I was going to talk about as well)

Mt Pleasant, Columbia Acad, and Zion Christian are all in Maury County, so I would think they would go in the same region. I suppose a swap of Mt. Pleasant and Perry Co. between 5 and 6 would take care of that easily enough. On a similar note, McKenzie, West Carroll and Bruceton are all in Carroll County. Swap Halls and Lake County for McKenzie and Adamsville between 7 and 8? I know you don't go through Atwood(W. Carroll) or Bruceton on the way from Adamsville to McKenzie, but you do pass the turn offs to get to both on the way.

If these regions get too large another solution would be to divide them into an "A" and "B" division for lack of a better term. Say 1a would be 450 and below. Region 2a could have 14 teams, seven in the "A" division with students equalling 225 and above and seven equalling 225 and below. I know, it is not a perfect world but see this would allow the small schools like Oakdale to compete with the schools more their size. They, with 141 high schoolers, have a hard time competing as it is laid out now. They do make a decent showing though as it is now, bring Harriman (who is down right now, but will be back) into the mix or Rockwood (who has a State Championship) in to play and it is not so good for those 70 boys at Oakdale, of which about twenty play football.

Edited by CYJacket

Mt Pleasant, Columbia Acad, and Zion Christian are all in Maury County, so I would think they would go in the same region. I suppose a swap of Mt. Pleasant and Perry Co. between 5 and 6 would take care of that easily enough. On a similar note, McKenzie, West Carroll and Bruceton are all in Carroll County. Swap Halls and Lake County for McKenzie and Adamsville between 7 and 8? I know you don't go through Atwood(W. Carroll) or Bruceton on the way from Adamsville to McKenzie, but you do pass the turn offs to get to both on the way.

After consulting a map, you are correct about McKenzie. They should be in Region 8. That leaves Region 7 a little thin. Wayne County and Collinwood would fit reasonably well for Region 7, and would alleviate overcrowded Region 6. Waynesboro to Adamsville and Middleton is better than than going to Huntland and Cascasde anyway. I chose CA and Zion of Region 6 to go to 5 because as the most northwest teams in 6 it makes the most geographical sense to me.

Edited by hssportsfan

One of the other threads got me to thinking about what the 1A regions would look like after the multiplier goes into effect. The regions I came up with were based on trying to keep most of the old regions together as much as possible plus the following:

There are 12 old 1A schools that are either not participating or are moving up:

Lighthouse Christian, Clarksville Academy, and TPS no longer have teams.

Powell Valley(now Cumberland Gap) will move up due to enrollment.

CAK, CPA, FRA, EHCS, Boyd, USJ, DA, and DCA will all be multiplied up.

There are at least 6 new football playing 1As since the last classification period:

Pickett County, Eagleville, White House Heritage, Zion Christian, Mt. Juliet Christian, and by 2005 or 2006 Unionville.

Here is where it gets a little murky. It looks like based on the above things that the cutoff will be somewhere around 400 students. The most recent numbers from the TSSAA (2002) show 9 current 2A schools under 400:

Rockwood-385, Dresden-390, Manassas-392, Alcoa-397, Adamsville-368, Trousdale Co-372, Houston Co-388, Hampton-397, and McKenzie-360.

Manassas, being a Memphis school, would likely stay 2A to remain in their current region. The rest I am going to assume will drop down.

Cloudland

Cosby

Jellico

North Greene

Unaka

Hampton

Coalfield

Midway

Oakdale

Oneida

Sunbright

Rockwood

TSD

Alcoa

Greenback

Copper Basin

Lookout Valley

South Pitt

Whitwell

Clay Co

Friendship Christian

Gordonsville

Monterey

Mt. Juliet Christian

Red Boiling

Watertown

Trousdale Co

Pickett Co

Jo Byrns

McEwen

Nashville Christian

Houston County

White House - Heritage

Columbia Acad

Zion Christian

Perry County

Cascade

Collinwood

Cornersville

Eagleville

Forrest

Huntland

Moore Co

Mt. Pleasant

Wayne Co

Unionville (2006)

Fayette Acad

Jackson Christian

Middleton

Trinity Christian

Adamsville

Gleason

Greenfield

Halls

Bruceton

Lake Co

South Fulton

West Carroll

Dresden

McKenzie

I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that region 6 would have 10 teams and region 8 would have 9 teams and region 7 have only 5 teams. West Carroll might be a likely team to join region 7. Perry County is currently in region 7...I have no idea why you have moved them to region 5. That doesn`t make sense.

I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that region 6 would have 10 teams and region 8 would have 9 teams and region 7 have only 5 teams. West Carroll might be a likely team to join region 7. Perry County is currently in region 7...I have no idea why you have moved them to region 5. That doesn`t make sense.

You are probably right Vol Gen. Somebody will have to cross the river. My guess is that it will be Wayne County, Collinwood, and possibly Perry County. I moved Perry County because they seem to fit better with McEwen and Houston Co.