UNAKA LADY RANGERS WIN !

Diggs9

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalofan,

You've got a buddy pulling for you up here in Scott County. I did watch the girls play at Scott High and on TV against Oneida a couple of times. I also have an Ed.S. professor from Jamestown by the name of Dr. Gerald Huddleston!! Does that name happen to ring a bell??

hey theanswer9 i know dr. huddleston. he is a family friend and pretty good guy too i might add. he is pretty well known around c-range, and thanks for the support too.

Wanted to put in my two cents worth. First of all, congratulations on the win Unaka. Second, Coach Chambers needs to be taught a lesson in winning with class. Yes you won the game, yes you out shot Wartburg 35-15 at the free throw line, and yes you are going to Murfreesboro. Laughing at Wartburg fans following your team's victory, was something that will be in my mind for a long, long time. What was the deal with Unaka rent-a-cops standing down the Wartburg fans, while the Unaka fans were celebrating. Come on give me a break, there was rougly 800 Ranger fans to Wartburg's 150-200. And the clock keeper, there should be an age limit (say 80 years or younger) cause that guy is older than Abraham Lincoln. As for the officiating (or lack thereof), I have taken teams to the prison and gotten a lot better called games by prisoners. In a sub-state game, you would think the TSSAA would make sure the game would at least have officials that could do an adequate job. One final gripe, the setup of the clock keeper, book keepers and the opposing bench is the most ridiculous I have ever seen. Well, just wanted to get a few things off my chest. Graet job Lady Bulldogs, work hard in the off-season and you have a chance to make it even farther next season. As for Coach Chambers, learn to win with a little class, it makes the program have a little class.

Wanted to put in my two cents worth. First of all, congratulations on the win Unaka. Second, Coach Chambers needs to be taught a lesson in winning with class. Yes you won the game, yes you out shot Wartburg 35-15 at the free throw line, and yes you are going to Murfreesboro. Laughing at Wartburg fans following your team's victory, was something that will be in my mind for a long, long time. What was the deal with Unaka rent-a-cops standing down the Wartburg fans, while the Unaka fans were celebrating. Come on give me a break, there was rougly 800 Ranger fans to Wartburg's 150-200. And the clock keeper, there should be an age limit (say 80 years or younger) cause that guy is older than Abraham Lincoln. As for the officiating (or lack thereof), I have taken teams to the prison and gotten a lot better called games by prisoners. In a sub-state game, you would think the TSSAA would make sure the game would at least have officials that could do an adequate job. One final gripe, the setup of the clock keeper, book keepers and the opposing bench is the most ridiculous I have ever seen. Well, just wanted to get a few things off my chest. Graet job Lady Bulldogs, work hard in the off-season and you have a chance to make it even farther next season. As for Coach Chambers, learn to win with a little class, it makes the program have a little class.

King Brian,

Is that anyway for someone associated with the newspaper to talk. You are suppose to represent the newspaper with honor and dignity but you are no better than anyone else. Face it, you go beat. Could the reason be they shot 35 foul shots is that Wartburg was hammering them all night long. They warned #44 two prior times before giving her a T on the third. Wartburg's problem was they tried to block every shot attempted instead of keeping their arms straight up.

It was a good game but I am shocked that a man in your position would get on her and whine like a little baby. I'll make sure I give you a towel the next time I see you

Cryin Brian

You have failed to mention what Chambers did?

Was it the laughing at the fans you mentioned.... I'm sure he wasn't provoked any at all....I've seen a lot of coaches do worse things ;)

Sounds like I missed a good game...

Congratz Rangers!!!

If chambers laughed at the fans (which I doubt he did) then it was because you guys looked like a three-ring circus over there. Coach Chambers has more class in his little pinky than your entire team has. Speaking of class..you might want to send 44 to charm school. She's got a gutter mouth and a nasty temper to boot.

We won without any help from the refs, clock keeper, concession stand workers or the rent-a-cops as you called them. You can blame whom ever you want to but it's over.

I wasn't there, but I'll just say that coaches should never get into name-calling with opposing crowds under no circumstances (if indeed that happened). That doesn't teach your team anything about sportsmanship. I'm sure the Wartburg fans provoked him into this, but a coach has to know better in that situation. He propbably realizes he made a mistake and hopefully he lets his team know that so they won't think it's OK to be a bad sport win or lose.

Again, I don't want to make it sound like Wartburg's fans had nothing to do with because I'm sure they did, but a coach has to refrain from such juvenile behavior.

Granted I wasn't there and could be way off base, but that's my opinion. Remember someone once said it's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game.

Again good luck to Unaka in all games but Clarkrange. I'm for Clarkrange to win it all but the Lady Rangers are my second choice. Hopefully they can put on a classic like the 4 OT thriller at Harriman.

I normally would not say anything but I will have to go to bat for Coach Chambers . I have known Kenneth since my son played for him in the 6th grade and he is a Sophomore and now plays for Coach Ensor at Unaka. (Go Rangers !! ) I have followed these teams and coaches for a very long time. I do not believe Chambers said anything to a fan or parent or player. I will tell you this though. I came out of the stands and stood by the door leading to the locker rooms and when your Wartburg Bulldog "Ladies" came thru, there were 3 different girls cursing every breath. This is no joke, I heard them myself. After they went thru I walked over to speak to Coach Chambers and there was one of your fans fussing at Chambers over the game and the refs. From where I stood and listened, Kenneth listened said OK and went on to the locker room. I didn't even get to talk to him that night.

There were other posts talking about the Refs being "Unaka REFS" , sorry , but your wrong again. The A.D. at the school said they were from Athens , TN. and they looked very chummy with your Coach, and players. And Your Coach ask to sit where they did.