Cait McMahan

Red81KPsmash

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy to be talking about where someone is going to school two years from now but I guess that is the way the world is today.

If she wants to average less than 10 ppg and win alot of games and -0- national championships then maybe Tennessee is the answer. If she wants to be cussed at during every practice and play with foul mouthed teammates and prolly win a national championship or two, then Geno is prolly the answer. If her objective is to get a great education and win at the same time, then Duke would be a good choice. But don't forget, there is also good ole East TN Andy out there. By going to Georgia she could keep up to date on the game of basketball if Coach Harick's class is still being offered in Athens. Surely we can't forget the reigning SEC Champions, the Lady Commodores, another great place to get a quality education.

So many quality choices and so little time to make a decision. Oh well, decisions, decisions, decisions.

i HAVE SEEN CAIT PLAY A FEW TIMES THE FIRST SHOT I EVER SAW HER TAKE WAS AN OFF BALANCE ONE FOOTED THREE POINTER FOR NOTHING BUT NET THIS GIRL IS FOR REAL AND WILL GO ANYWHERE HER HEART DESIRES HER SENIOR YEAR SHE WILL GET A LOT OF MEDIA ATTENTION IM PREDICTING A SIGNING DAY SPECIAL ON ESPN!!!

Cait right now is the most competitive player in the state at any level which is very evident by her willingest to rebound at 5'4"1/2 ;)

Nothing against Cait because I thought she was good when I saw her play, but how do you know she is the most competitive player in the state?

you know she is the most competitive because you can see the fire and desire in her eyes. she plays every game as if its her last, and will always do that, because she realizes that life is a precious thing and she wants to live every day to the fullest, because tomorrow has never been lived before. if her way of living life to the fullest is playing the game she loves to the best of her abilities, and winning it, then she is the most competitive player i have EVER seen, and i've seen alot of ballers.

Edited by hopalong

Nothing against Cait because I thought she was good when I saw her play, but how do you know she is the most competitive player in the state?

In her defense, I don't know if she is the most competitive, because something like that cannot be judged amongst the thousands of girls that play here in Tennessee.....buuuuttttttt, having said all that, she is SUPER COMPETITIVE and I can sum it all up by saying I bet there is less than 5% of girls who are that competitive...its just something you don't see everyday...she is just nonstop...GO GO GO...for however minutes the game is going on. To her credit, I love her passion for the game...its unreal...I also love her confidence...she believes she can make something happen when she steps on the court and that is what separates her from a lot of top players. She isn't afraid to have confidence in herself and separates confidence from cockiness. She's a ball of energy, literally.

I live on the other side of the state and get to witness her in the summers. The first time we played against her in AAU a few years ago, she singlehandledly brought the team back and was not afraid. This past year its kinda hard to say because the game wasn't the same. But, at Nationals in Minnesota in 2002, she wowed everyone and I think that was the first time a large number of scouts saw her in action and she didn't disappoint.

She is not entirely where she needs to be right now (but what high school player is), but the thing that matters the most is that she is an awesome player who continues to become even more great and that in itself is is an accomplishment because sometimes great players don't improve because everyone tells them that they're good and they feel they don't need to get better...I don't see her being like that...I see her being extremely focused and continuing to get better which is a very scary thought for two years from now for someone who is already so dominant and aggressive. She seems like she always wants to work harder at her game and be better and who can't admire that in someone who is already one of the top players in their class.

Edited by caramelcutiepie

"If she wants to average less than 10 ppg and win alot of games and -0- national championships then maybe Tennessee is the answer."

What world do you live in? TN just signed the #1, #2, #4, #5, #16, #43 players in the nation. This class was also considered the best ever by most of the gurus. These girls will be juniors when Cait is a freshman. What makes you think she wouldn't win a national title at UT? :P

Johnnyboy,

I live in the real world. Just looking at the recent past. Not only has Tennessee not won a national championship in several years, they can't even win a SEC championship. They did sign a top recruiting class and those players have to prove they can get it done together. May not be enough basketballs for that group. Some of them will have to prove that they can be unselfish enough to win a championship. Great teams have great players no doubt, but they also have players that know how to play their role. Just like when Holtzclaw was at Tennessee she needed support players to help them win national championships. Even though Geno says we have Diana and you don't and that is why we win, now he does not have the supporting cast that he once had and therefore they may not be able to pull it all together this year as in the past.

This is just one person's opinion for what it's worth. Just like yours is. For Cait's sake I hope she chooses the school that makes her happy. She has already proven that she is in a class by herself. The sub state game vs Greeneville should prove to Cait and everyone else that a good supporting cast is needed to win games. Not just one superstar.

Edited by papatj

I believe that Cait will stay in Tennessee, but if she does go out of state, it will have to be somewhere with high credintials and something great to offer her. She is one of the best, if not THE best, players in the entire nation, and most definitely in the running for the best in the state in any age group or class. She is the real deal! I think her top choice will be to wear orange, but she may leave the safe confines of East TN and go out of state. She has the ability to play anywhere.

Cait Machman is a great player. As a sophomore she is also a great leader. I saw for myself a great performance in the substate game when she put up 40. From what i have heard she shoots around almost everyday at 6 A.M. before school which helps her to be so good. By the time she is a Senior she could be top 10 in the nation as a high school player. You have to see it to belive someone of that height putting up such numbers.