IF IF IF IF IF

WashedUp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washedup, you are exactly right. The zone defense run by Southside and Giles county impatience helped lead to the fall of the Bobcats. Also, contributing was the street ball play of Giles vs. the team organization of Southside. Not only was GC outplayed, they were out coached outprepared and just plain out smarted. Giles never plays well against zone because they do not really run an offense. No offensive sets is ok against a man dafense but will get you killed against a zone. Also, has any player on GC ever heard of BOXING OUT.

Good job SS preparation and organization is the key to good TEAM play.

Weddle didn't have one of his best games. He stepped up in the end when it counted late in the game. He drove by defenders and got to the basket at will. Ellison and Price both played well in the first 3 quarters, hustled and got the long rebounds. In the 4th quarter they made several careless passes. They made up for them hustling though, getting several steals.

Did Giles County not know anything about Southside before the game? They looked clueless about how to attack a zone and who Chism and McGee were? Does Giles County practice boxing out or do they dunk after practice instead of practicing shooting free throws? Southside was relentless pushing the ball and utilizing an up tempo style of offense all night. Giles County did not get back on defense but they haven't all year so that does not surprise me. Giles County also gets out rebounded by like a dozen on the glass. That should of never happenned with the overall heighth and jumping ability of Giles County.

Glyndon...I was asking myself the same questions after the game last night. They did look clueless, except on the oop plays and they were pretty. Everyone is talking about the 9 three point baskets, but what they aren't talking about is the percentage that Giles County hit....probably close to 9-30. They took a tremendous amount of shots from the outside and when they did go inside and get fouled....well we know the rest of that story. The CATZ did not look prepared mentally.

Maybe some notes were taken last night, so if it ever comes to this again, someone will know what to do.

The nucleus of the team is graduating. Now is the time to instill some discipline in these boys and play some hard nosed defense next year. As my boy tcross says... Defense wins championships, offense puts the fans in the stands.

Or maybe I am the only one who would rather us go undefeated and win a gold ball even if it meant no oops and the final score somewhere in the high 30's???

Wade, I am right there with you. Last night was sort of frustrating as a fan. When they should have been setting up their offense, they were throwing oops to Tyler. I believe there were many lessons to be learned last night. It will be interesting to see if anyone takes notes and makes the most of the situation next year. From my understanding, the elementary feeder schools are going to be sending some pretty good talent to the high school next year...lets see if it is put to good use.