Brentwood v. Powell

M'boroPATS

Pats is right on this one, Brentwood can't be beat. They play in the toughest district in the state with wins over Hillwood, Ravenwood, and the always dangerous Centenial. Not to mention the region where they beat the always tough Maplewood and Antioch. Even with that tough district they still go out and find teams like Greenbrier and Dickson County. There only losses have been to Cleveland, Antioch, Riverdale, and Franklin all state powers. (and the Franklin loss was on a 14 point miracle shot from 94 ft as time expired. And I know Pats hasn't mentioned it but Bwood did avenge that loss and BEAT Franklin, yes BWOOD beat Franklin did you hear-- Who has Powell played anyone, some schools like Oakridge and Sevier County (who are they) and some out of state schools. Must be scared to play Tn teams. Anyway my predition is Bwood 78, Powell 20, then they cruise into the finals against the Eagles where Bwoods coach out game plans Insell in route to a 65-64 win for the state title with the State Tn Mvp Tay hitting the game winner. Go BRUINS

Freddie,

I was going to name a few teams that Powell played, but since you don't know Oak Ridge or Sevier Co., I'm not sure I should bother. Nevertheless, here is a list of few teams that Powell has beaten this year....hope you are familiar with at least one of these. Oh, and all of these except for (1) are from the hills of east Tennessee. Perhaps you should come to ET and take a geography lesson.

Oak Ridge

Sevier County

Heritage

Greeneville

Johnson of Gainsville Ga (ranked 3rd in the state of Ga a few weeks ago)

Jefferson County

South Doyle

Campbell County

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of like Brentwood to win this game. I think Powell fans believe they are just going to stroll down to the BORO and make it to the finals because they come from a hard region. I think they might be in for a rude awakening come Thurs. night. I am going to go with M'boropats on this one. Brentwood upsets Powell by 4.

Bud,

Nobody from Powell thinks this will be a CAKe walk. We know Brentwood is a very fine team and I'm sure it will be a hard fought game to the end. We just believe in the Panther girls. They have played well all year and we believe they will prevail.

Pats is right on this one, Brentwood can't be beat. They play in the toughest district in the state with wins over Hillwood, Ravenwood, and the always dangerous Centenial. Not to mention the region where they beat the always tough Maplewood and Antioch. Even with that tough district they still go out and find teams like Greenbrier and Dickson County. There only losses have been to Cleveland, Antioch, Riverdale, and Franklin all state powers. (and the Franklin loss was on a 14 point miracle shot from 94 ft as time expired. And I know Pats hasn't mentioned it but Bwood did avenge that loss and BEAT Franklin, yes BWOOD beat Franklin did you hear-- Who has Powell played anyone, some schools like Oakridge and Sevier County (who are they) and some out of state schools. Must be scared to play Tn teams. Anyway my predition is Bwood 78, Powell 20, then they cruise into the finals against the Eagles where Bwoods coach out game plans Insell in route to a 65-64 win for the state title with the State Tn Mvp Tay hitting the game winner. Go BRUINS

haha i think that is the funniest post ive ever read on here. The toughest district in the state? Come on now, lets be real. Anybody who knows bball can say that east tennessee has more good teams than anybody. Heritage, Sevier Co., in the same district. Greeneville, Heritage, Powell, Sevier Co, and Oak Ridge all in the same region. If you really think they are in the best districts or regions, come over here and see how we play ball, true my team didnt make the dance, but we're very proud of powell and what they've accomplished. Go Lady Panthers!

I AGREE scbballfreak they dont have a clue what kind of ball is played here. East Tennessee by far has the best girls basketball in the state. Five to six solid teams who can beat each other on any given night. Im glad to hear u are pullin for the lady panthers hopefully we will represent East TN well. And to all of you Brentwood fans who think we arfe under estimating you all we arn't. We just know the potential of our girls team and how they have been playing. They are playing so well right now and have a lot of confidence. We just really believe in our girls I think it will be a close game for awhile but at the end Powell will pull away. Powell BY 11!!!!!!!!!! GO LADY PANTHERS

Oh Yeah.........YOU KNOW!!!! lol

bhs 120 & M'boro Pats

Comments like yours are the reason everyone (especially in Williamson County) loves to beat B-wood! You guys think you have more money than other teams, so you automatically overlook them and think you can win. Well, when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter who is richer or more educated!! All that matters is who has the best bball team!!!

And as for M'boro Pats being from m'boro, I am now convinced you are from b-wood. They're all you ever talk about and you fit the description of a b-wood person--- stuck up!!

GOOD LUCK PANTHERS!!!

Edited by bballbabe24

Just figured i would chime in on this discussion with me thoughts...

Being from the hills doesnt mean we date our cousins and especially not our sisters(only in certain occassions)

Dont we all love stereotypes cause i know i love them and mboropats if you want to start getting into that i think you are on the wrong website... (try stuckupsnobs.com)

But all of that aside i do beleive this will be a very close match up.. but the post play of the lady panthers looks much stronger and our guards have definitely increased their ball handling skills... so even with a tough press i believe the lady panthers prevail in the last 2 minutes...by.... 4

Things in Powell are too exciting.

The girls are focused, and ready for the task at hand. I am looking forward to seeing some exciting basketball this week. I love this game! And what makes it real exciting is the fact that these "young" ladies love this game! They make it enjoyable to watch basketball!

I am proud of each and every one of you! You have made many parents, friends, and coaches very proud to know you!

I wish each of you happiness, and joy in the games. I wish your eyes on the target and quickness in your step! I wish you the thrill of victory! and no agony in your feet. (ha) I wish your defense swift and tight! I wish your shots on target! I wish you love - of the game!

Play hard, play quick, play tough, and box out!

We are so proud of you - and remember have fun.

You each have been given a great gift - the ability to play one of the greatest games ever created!

What a joy it is to watch you play the game the way it is meant to be played!

Go get 'em, Powell - Lady Panthers!

Edited by 4luvofthegame

I'm definitely excited about thursdays game. I will be making the trip and hope to see a few other teams play

Powell does have 4 dominating post players who can afford to hand out fouls and pound it inside. Look for Evander, (nickname for Holyfield) to show the state what caliber player she is.

I'm not fixed on Powell blowing out Brentwood. Powell is not very deep at guards and could be in trouble if they get in foul trouble, even though Bartley is a tough player and handle the point well when Tera fouled out against Jeff. Co. I would line tera up against any guard in the state in a foot race including Cait. It might have something to do with the track records she has set but who knows? Cox is either on or off from the Trifector.

Powell's overall defense is UNBELIEVABLE the guards will be gnawing all game. I hope they will consider their need to put some pressure on the ball because if i remeber correctly in the few games they have lost they have held off the pressure untill it was necessary. I know at the game at Oak Ridge they didnt press till they were down by 6.

But I have faith in my Panthers and am praying for all the girls.

I have not seen Brentwood HIGH play so I can't really say if it will be a blowout or not.

My pick Powell by 5!

blah, blah, blah. Comments like these with references to certains schools and their financial situations have been stated for years. And usually, those comments are made by those who are too ignorant to understand the public school system. It does not matter if the school is Brentwood, Germantown, Farragut or any other school of this type. These schools are criticized because they are located in affluent areas. However, if these same people that criticize those adults that go out and succeed in the business world and choose to live in these areas would realize that these schools receive the least amount of money from the state. These schools are put at the bottom of the list when it comes time to give money to the schools. The schools that are less fortunate are given the state money first. Many times, these schools that don't receive stated money have to raise their own money and can't rely on help from the state or other schools.

So, to criticize these schools for doing something on their own reitterates the fact that these same people are unable to see past the social classes they label themselves within. Money has nothing to do with talent. You can have a bunch of rich girls that are terrible. We can list private schools all over the state that can't compete on an athletic field. How does money make someone hungry to play the game? How does money make someone want to continue their training throughout the spring, summer and fall and then battle a tough 3 month schedule? To those that continue to make these comments about social classes, you need to reevaluate what you are saying and ask yourself why you honestly believe this. Are you jealous that their parents are financially successful? If so, get over it. That has nothing to do with basketball and who will win in a game.

I wish Powll all the luck. They are talented, physical and bring a lot of positive aspects to the game of basketball and especially to women's high school basketball. I also wish Brentwood good luck. This will be a great game.

However, immature and ignorant posts stating a certain school has an advantage because of what the players' parents do are sad and unmeritted. Please don't disrespect the game and continue to display you level of understanding (or lack there of) of the public school system, high school sports or the game of basketball.

------out-------