School Records

peacemaker

At Jeff. Co., the records are old. The discus record, which is also the state record I believe, was set in 1987 by Todd Collins at 187+ feet. The shot record is 60+ feet by Joe Ewing in the early 80s. The high jump record was set in 1976 or so by Avory Huff at 6'7". The girls high jump record was set 2 years ago by Laura Malnati and Amy Cate at 5'8". Amy also set the 800m record with a 2:19. About all I can remember. I will try to find out some more.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand by what i said early. The Bennett "kid" as you call him DID in fact run a 10.01. This was a couple years ago and the reason you've probably never heard of him is because he pulled a muslce before the state tournament in '01. I have heard a rumor recently that he is, in fact, going to run in Athens this summer. I haven't talked to him personaly, but i'm sure he cause quite a stir.

Well then what happened to him junior and senior year, or freshmen year for that matter? Which college did he run for? Has he even ran more than that one race? I'm sorry that you've been so grossly misinformed, because 10.01 is for world-class sprinters, not sophomores in high school.

Red81 what year did you graduate from jeff?

Morristown West

mens

100 meters Broderick Olden 10.67

200 meters "Nez" Kyle 22.21

400 meters 48.9 Roger Seals

high jump 6' 10 Johnny Caylor

long jump 23'4

disc 173 Howard" Boo" Collins

womens

100 meters 12.2 will be broken by freshman this year or by next

200 meters 25.2 Deena Greenlee

400 meters 56.8 Deena Greenlee

greeneville

200 meters 21.5

Dustin Moore 6'4 230lbs State Champion Scary Fast

6'6 Jeremy Anderson State Champion

jeff county

Richard Vault did hold the 100 yard record at jeff 9.7 which is about 10.6 meter

and 22.4 in 200

women

Josh Mills 41' in shot put

will add more later

Brent Collins state Record 187'10 not Todd

Avery Huff not Avory

Todd threw 60 feet in shot also but was a couples of inches short of high record behind Joe.

Todd also threw disc in 170 RANGE.

I am sorry, you are right. It was Brent, not Todd. Simple typo on Avery. I graduated from Jeff. Co. in the late 1980s. Does Todd still hold the hurdles record at Jeff. Who is coaching track at the high school this year? Last year they did not seem to miss Coach Hutchins much, since both won conference titles.

because 10.01 is for world-class sprinters, not sophomores in high school.

Thats kind of like everyone thinking "Sub 4" milers weren't for high school either. Nobody told Alan Webb that! :D

Maybe the time was handheld and a little off ??? Or maybe there wasn't a TSSAA official at this meet either and it couldn't be verified. Or maybe the wind was blowing 50 mph and pushed him right on down the track.

(I ran a 11.7 in the 8th grade as a girl- equals about a 12.1 or so, I think for meters) So, I don't think it is that far fetched???

Thats kind of like everyone thinking "Sub 4" milers weren't for high school either. Nobody told Alan Webb that! ;)

Maybe the time was handheld and a little off ??? Or maybe there wasn't a TSSAA official at this meet either and it couldn't be verified. Or maybe the wind was blowing 50 mph and pushed him right on down the track.

(I ran a 11.7 in the 8th grade as a girl- equals about a 12.1 or so, I think for meters) So, I don't think it is that far fetched???

It is kinda like that, but not quite the same since the faster you get, the harder it is to improve your time even a little in a race as short as the 100m. And I'm sure it's possible the stop watch said 10.01, but if it did it was horribly wrong, cause even if he was close enough for human error to give him that good of a time, then why didn't he do it in any other races where there was FAT or a more accurate watch on him?