Next year

barb

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Pointer, your observations on 13AA next year are very insightful and I think very fair. Based on past posts I'd have to include you in a small group of unbiased 13AA observers though I know you're a Gibson Co. fan. Nothing against fans who trumpet their teams but I love hearing from people who can discuss things realistically. I broadcast Westview games and my son played at Obion Central so I'm very familiar with 13AA over the years as well. With the rabid fan bases that both 13AA & 7AA seem to have and the long distance rivalry that is developing on this website I want to follow up on something redbirfan proposed. I'm going into detail on a seperate thread but wouldn't a 13AA/7AA Challenge series at the beginning of the season be awesome! Maybe over Thanksgiving weekend. Several possible formats have come to mind. I think there are enough movers/shakers on this board to make it a reality, especially if the T$$AA finds some way to make a buck off of it!

Most programs have to have a step up year in which things are expected from what is coming back from the previous season.. Obion Co. will fall into that category for next season.. :lol: It's been well documented on this post who is coming back and what is coming up, so this next season will be put up or shut up for the Lady Rebels.. :angry:

Nobody said Obion Central would dominate and win a state championship next year.They are returning 3 starters from this years 22-10 squad.Plus they're getting back Abby Reedy who tore her ACL the first game last season.They also have most of their main subs back.The freshman class is very talented.If they stick together they have a chance to be one of the best girls teams to come through the school in a long time.

Elizabethton returns a very talented group and should make a strong run.

Agreed. The team that was one controversial call from an overtime shot at playing in State loses their starting point guard, Bishop; forward, Forbes; and wings, Kauffeld and Dykes; but returns Crapps, who will be very good at point or two-guard, if in fact, Coach Wilson decides to play Redd, who could be tremendous, at the point. Marti Bush will be ready to play a lot, if not start; and don't forget that 6'3" Pietrowski was only a freshman. And then there's Baughman. There are others as well; Coach17 knows much more about all of them than I do.

Unicoi County returns almost intact. They lose more than just talent at point guard, with Headley's graduation. She was very steady. They also lose Laci Hensley, who battled back courageously after surgery. Hali Sparks, Elizabeth Weaver, Ambers, Kerns and Stephens; Kellye Lingerfelt, and others return. Unicoi will not forget this year's Regional, and will come back more determined than ever. Coach Fisher is very good, and will have at least eight ladies ready for a lot of playing time. The younger Headley could win the point guard position.

Unaka could - along with Unicoi and EHS - play in Murfreesboro next year. They will have three sophomores press for playing time: Erica Wilson, Sallee Taylor and Logan Wagenseller will provide Coach Chambers with a tremendous bench; and at least one of them, or Meagan Johnson, a junior to be, could start. But getting playing time will be tough because Unaka's seven: Danielle Ensor, Coty Townsend, Julie Roberson, Lacy Gouge, Renee Ensor, Kelly Allen and Jessica Osborne could be the deepest, most talented Single A senior class in the entire state.

KRich:

You are largely correct in your analysis. As for Unaka, they will have the chance to do what their boys just did. They will be deep, talented and experienced. Cloudland Who?

Unicoi will return four starters in Sparks, Weaver, Lingerfelt and Kerns. Engle, a rising soph is likely to beat out Headley's little sister at point. Unicoi has two talented rising freshmen coming up who will likely play varsity, one at point and one at post. They also return some solid varsity reserves. They will be tough.

Elizabethton lost four seniors, but has seven very solid returning varsity players in Baughman, Redd, Pietrowski, Crapps, Treadway, Hopson and Bush. Add in a couple of rising sophs from the JV team like Gouge and Smith and you have alot of talent in the stable. And thats not even considering any of the rising freshmen who are very talented. The cyclones will have the talent next year to continue the past years success.

Edited by coaches_corner