Top 5 Coaches in Davidson Co

beachrmb

CoachF, you did a fantastic job with East Lit. team this year. I think you are a great young coach, and I just wish I had your youth, ha. All jokes aside , I really respect your coaching and I think you are on the pinnacle of going to the state soon. Good luck and don't look back - just straight ahead. See ya soon! :P

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in my top five, but I have to give Arnett Bodenhamer at Maplewood some credit. He got the Wood to the region semifinals this year and did it without Barry Gardener and, if I'm not mistaken, without Frank Evans for the whole season. If Evans did finish, it was a miracle. The cupboard was not bare at the Wood, but their were a whole lot of problems for a first year coach to wade through.

Yeah, we have all heard those Shelton stories, I know a lot of former Shelton players who back your story Juggalo. You cannot argue with the man's bottom line but at what cost to the kids that play for him?

I think a question we should ask ourselves as mostly players, coaches, and parents on here is Would I want my son playing for this guy?

Then again we are doing exactly what he would like for us to do, we are on CoachT

talking about this guy.

I agree with you BigPoppa. He does enjoy the attention he gets very much. All his antics during the game are all for show. Next time anybody is at an MLK game, watch his crazy antics, then count how many times he looks up in the crowd to see who is watchin him. Just like him making us play in Chuck Taylor Canverse, all for show. And another thing i didnt quite understand while playing for him, half the time he was not even at our practices! ;)

So how many state championships did Coach Pitts win before he got to "The Academy"? Go back and do some research shotblocker and tell me........ Yes, as Big Chief has stated, he has raided Davidson County for most of his star players but you have to give the guys his props he can coach and his results prove it.

I'm just glad the TSSAA put all of these private schools together so they can beat up on each other with their recruits.

1 Charlie Anderson - a winner everywhere he's been

2 Winston Gamble - 20 wins per year for 20 years (at MPW)

3 Doug Bontrager - does much with little

4 James Shelton - call him what you want, but he's a winner

5 Troy Allen - tough, hard-working

Edited by alzado