Rank Top 3 3200 runners for each Division

the running man

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rank who you think are the Top 5  Runners in order in each Division for the 3200m.

These are my rankings:

A/AA

1. Longstreth

2. Skelton

3. Jones

4. Whittier

5. Pair

AAA

1.Noel

2.Diaz

3.Hannah

4.Williamson

5.Herringshaw

Division 2

1.Bumbalough

2.Strang

3.Townsend

4.Hultquist

5.Press

<_<

A-AA

1. Sexton

2. Longstreth

3. Howater

4. Whitter

5. Jones

AAA

1. Herringshaw

2. Williamson

3. Ivey

4. Hannah

5. Noel

D-II

1. Bumbalough

2. Strang

3. Jones

4. Townsend

5. Hultquist

Hey the running man, Diaz already graduated and I don't think you know what you are talking about. In AAA, how could you put Noel above the State CC Top 3 Williamson, Herringshaw, and Ivey? Herringshaw or Williamson will win the AAA 3200 no doubt. How could you put Townsend, Press, and Hultquist above Jones? He ran #1 for Webb and beat all three of those guys all year in CC. If you don't know what your talking about, why are you making a thread like this?

Edited by InsindEric

Guest kenwoodrun

Some people are confused about Diaz because he was actually a junior who amassed enough credits to graduate a year early, which he did forfeiting his final year of eligibility (he has no desire to compete at the next level). We certainly won't have anymore guys running 9:40 this year. We will, however, have guys come through the 2400m split in 9:40 :)

Noel from BHS is decent, but he's not in the same class as the Memphis boys. I'm a AAA person myself, but it looks like the DII race is where the horses will be this year.

Rank who you think are the Top 5  Runners in order in each Division for the 3200m.

These are my rankings:

A/AA

1. Longstreth

2. Skelton

3. Jones

4. Whittier

5. Pair

AAA

1.Noel

2.Diaz

3.Hannah

4.Williamson

5.Herringshaw

Division 2

1.Bumbalough

2.Strang

3.Townsend

4.Hultquist

5.Press

;)

A-AA

1. Sexton

2. Longstreth

3. Howater

4. Whitter

5. Jones

AAA

1. Herringshaw

2. Williamson

3. Ivey

4. Hannah

5. Noel

D-II

1. Bumbalough

2. Strang

3. Jones

4. Townsend

5. Hultquist

Hey the running man, Diaz already graduated and I don't think you know what you are talking about. In AAA, how could you put Noel above the State CC Top 3 Williamson, Herringshaw, and Ivey? Herringshaw or Williamson will win the AAA 3200 no doubt. How could you put Townsend, Press, and Hultquist above Jones? He ran #1 for Webb and beat all three of those guys all year in CC. If you don't know what your talking about, why are you making a thread like this?

OK, there are some good picks out there, but Im willing to bet that neither of you know too much about A/AA, because at least 2 of the three different guys you picked out of the Nashville section arent going to even run in the state meet. Probably not even one of them.

First of all, how did Pair get on the list? he was 7th in CC this year, and he barely broke 11 last year in track, if he even broke it (Im not sure if he did). Sexton had a spectacular CC season, but then again, he also had a great season 2 CC seasons ago, and yet he followed it up with a 5th place sectional finish- and everyone ahead of him and pair is back (Jones, Ford, Glatten, Cowan, and one more I dont remember). So, Jones is the most likely out of those, but hes not in as good of form as hes going to need to be, he just ran 4:50 in his opener.

The Nashville section is going to be rough, and I think you guys are going to be very surprised at who the two guys in state are going to be.

As far as champions go, Whittiers my early pick.

A/AA

1. Whittier

2. Sexton

3. Longstreth

4. Cowan

5. I dont like anyone from Memphis or Knoxville in this race, so Howater- even though I already have 2 from that section

AAA

1. Noel

2. Herringshaw

3. Ivey

4. Williamson

5. Hannah

DII

1. Bumbi

2. Strang

3. Townsend

4. Jones

5. Hultquist

In A/AA, the sectional race is going to be tight, so in a slow race, look out for Romell Glatten (MLK) or Daniel Jones (Cwood), but in a fast race, Sexton probably has the preseason advantage based on his sub5 first mile at state CC

So, Jones is the most likely out of those, but hes not in as good of form as hes going to need to be, he just ran 4:50 in his opener.

The Nashville section is going to be rough, and I think you guys are going to be very surprised at who the two guys in state are going to be.

As far as champions go, Whittiers my early pick.

EARLY being the key word in that sentence. Everybody trains differently, and some may be peaking early while some will peak late- Some may have tapered for their early season openers, some have trained right thru, and aren't worrying about what everybody elses times are right now. Some will pull surprises on everybody, and some will dominate all the way thru! You just never know! ITS WAY TOO EARLY TO TELL anything, in my opinion (which doesn't mean alot)

But whittier did look good- I'll hand him that!

Unless Whittier gets slower as the season progresses, hes the favorite. Daniel Jones was not holding back in his first race. He ran just a few seconds ahead of last years 3rd place sectional 3200 placer, Romell Glatten. It was definately a race, so he was holding back just as much as Whittier- and if Spencer was holding back, look out. As for the first few rankings, I was particularly amused at the lack of the 4straight CC and 3straight Track team champions...