Ref's

importkid1886

The one thing everyone needs to remember is that the nfhs rules are for participation of all kids and the ussf or fifa as some of you want it , is not participation friendly. Yes the tssaa has classes that each official must attend. They have to be at 3 classes a year. These classes are training sesions just like ussf. In fact or association uses a ussf referee for the calles. Most of you people that get on here and post have no clue what acctually goes on behind the scenes. You just repeat what you here or what you want to here. By the way I do both and there are just as many bad ussf officials as tssaa officials. The problem is that in ussf they let everyone get away with playing football on a soccer feild. This is the main complaint I get during high school season. Remember the tssaa is in the teaching business for the kids, not the big egos you kids have with ussf.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok illi or what ever you got it backwards lol high school the coachs dont have to play you if your horrible and there is someone infront of you that is better then you are probly not gonna get to play its rec ball where that is and as for the whole football on the soccerfield no sorry your probaly one of the refs that doesnt let any contact go what so ever but soccer is a contact sport and people willl get hurt. if you cant take a good shoulder every once and a while then go play baseball or sumthing where there isnt any contact.i ref ussf and i have run by some bad refs but nothing as bad as tssaa.i cant ref tssaa yet because i still am in school but bet when i go off to college i will be taking that openbook test and leting the guys and girls play ball. and yes there will most likely be contact but i can keep it in control.

I agree that most, but not all, the refs I see in tssaa are ussf also. That is just not the problem. I am pushing for USSF or FIFA rules to be used, not National High School Federation rules as we do now. That would eliminate the two ref situation, which frankly does not work and exposes the kids to a rougher game, much less under control. As far as I know, the only NHSF rule that seems to work better is the cool down substitution for cautioned players. Other than that, let's push to go FIFA! And Refs! Blow that whistle early and often. You can't get control back after it is gone. We had a player commit 9 late challenge fouls against us and never see a card. The only cards we've seen are for language so far. That won't keep the kids safe!

HIGH SCHOOL REFS stink!!! they took a win away from us today by awarding Beech a goal with 32 seconds left, that everyone in the place new should not have been a goal. The Beech player deliberatly put one of our players in a headlock and threw him to the ground while one of his players kicked the ball in the goal. There was chaos in the box and our player was going to clear it and then he got destroyed outta nowhere by this Beech guy, and the ref made a no call... he said "I didnt see it" i dont know how he couldnt of, but oh well. Even their fans new it was a foul, it was a cardable foul too without a doubt, but oh well. If anyone from Beech is reading this, tell me if you think that you guys acually rightfully tied us (brentwood academy) tonite, and if you really think that was a legitamate goal, you dont have to defend yourselves, the game is over the score will not be changed, that is why i had to wait several hours to post so i could cool off some bc i was upset, but honestly do u guys think that was a goal? a legitimate goal?

importkid - There are good refs and bad refs; good coaches and bad coaches; good player and bad players, and everything in between. Relax. Three refs are not inherently better than two, especially if the three are bad and the two are good.

Also, before you go off to college, you might want to take a class in English composition. It would help you tremendously to make your points. Please let us know where you attend high school.

Thansk for the comments about refs cw16. I guess they want the ref to lie and say he saw a foul when he didn't.

Everybody could say the same thing all the time. You didn't lose that game on one call. They scored two and you didn't and they could have scored before.

Maybe we should have a forum for complaining about refs. Three refs are not the answer to your problems, but most of us know what is.

There are good refs and bad ones at all levels.I have seen them in colleges DI games to rec to high schools. No ref gets all his calls right all of the time. You just hope he get the important ones and the ones to keep a game under controll. I like physical play but I think we have let it go the the level of nearing hockey. I like to see a ref show a card when warranted. It is best keep the players safe to play another day.Tssaais an open book test. A friend tried to talk me into several years ago so we could work games together. I personal will be happy about twice a year with the calls I see on the field but I think when you get paid you need to do your best.I always remember it is the players you serve not the coaches and the fans.Keep it fun,safe and fair. By the way not all refs are fair if it is you shame on you. The players work way to hard for someone to defeat that hard work with a few calls.

cw16 come on dude do you just like tring to pick fights so you come onto a posting site for people of all ages where for once they dont get a grade on how theings are spelled and such relax just cause your a honors student that doesnt play doesnt mean you have to take it out on the kid that likes to play ball with b's and c's for his grades

did the speeling of everytheng in that there post there plzz sir my almighty english major

Edited by importkid1886