all 13aa teams will be better next year except GC but they will still be good

i predict district order to be:

1) Westview 9-1

2) crockett co 7-3

tie 3) gibson co 6-4

tie 3) obion co 6-4

tie 5) Union City 1-9

tie 5) dyer co 1-9

Westview gets everyone back of consequence plus 2 back that were injured and they have the wizard at the helm, the best x and o coach in the district. look for bellamy to overtake dudley as the leagues top player with crockett giving them their only district loss in alamo

crockett loses one guard but frankly i thought a couple of freshman guards were better than her anyway - if they work on 3's and limit turnovers, they can swap positions with Westview because their 3 posts make up the most talented frontline in the area (and will for the next 3 years). laru is the best coach in the district at peaking his team but they will be good early too and will split with MW, GC, and OC

gibson has the best program coach in TN bar none. dudley is the best returning player with young posts giving them rebounding edges vs everyone but CC. the reason they fall to 3rd is that dudley will be swamped with double and triple teams and they don't have any returning guards that can burn teams for defending dudley like that. they will split with OC and CC and lose to MW twice

obion is the wildcard. they get everyone back and if they get healthy and if their 13aa-best-incoming freshman class will grow up fast (which you know they will because of the 'extra' practice time ). the roney and roney connection will only be for one year but will be a sight to see. ball handling is the main weakness. they will split with gibson and crockett and lose to MW twice.

dyer is a solid team who could beat any of the top four at home if they are overlooked. they just lack the firepower of the top four. main weakness is the lack of a go-to scorer in close games. will concentrate all year to be primed and ready to pull an upset in the play-in game in the tourney. i see the top 4 sweeping DC and they will split with UC

Union City will be even more improved and will split with dyer county in the reg season. will be much more of a factor in 2005-06 in single A.

dist tourney results 2004-05:

MW and CC get byes

OC wins coin flip with GC

dyer wins coin flip with UC

#4 gibson outruns a valiant effort by #5 DC 60-52

#3 obion gets fatigued but holds off #6 UC 54-51

semis: GC beats MW 55-52

CC beats OC 60-41

consolation MW beats OC 67-35

final GC beats CC 67-60

region results:

#4 13aa obion loses to #1 14aa Haywood 60-50

#2 13aa crockett beats #3 14aa Brighton 66-49

#3 13aa Westview beats #2 14aa Covington 72-51

#1 13aa gibson beats #4 14aa fayetteware 84-59

reg semis: crockett beats Haywood 56-55

Westview beats gibson 59-57

reg finals: Westview beats crockett 44-43

substate: Westview beats btw 69-50

crockett wins at Hillcrest 55-51

state quarters: Westview beats Walker Valley 50-48

Oliver Springs tops mcnairy co 60-56

Loretto beats smith co 66-50

crockett defeats s.greene 47-44

state semis: Westview beats o.springs 60-48

Loretto defeats crockett 66-58

finals: Loretto beats Westview 61-55

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have three arguments against your post 3 pointer.

1. Westview lost their most valuable player in Ferrell and she will be greatly missed.

2. Crockett lost Sherrell Tyus, the districts 3rd leading scorer and Crockett's only legitimate shooter and go to girl.

3. If Dyer County only wins one game next year I will personally never post or even watch basketball again for that matter. They have everyone back and will be competing for the 13AA title next year.

I will agree that 13AA is loaded from top to bottom next season and it will be an awesome year.

I agree with ya, with everyone back, the Lady Choctaws will make a very tough District 13AA even tougher.. Even though UC hasn't had success in a long time, I do like what they did this past season and I think Coach Chandler has that program going in the right direction.. I'm not big on predictions but I do feel that two of the District 13AA teams will meet each other in the Region 7AA title game next year and will represent this area in the TSSAA Class 2A girls state tournament

You may be right...but who would of thought GC would have the great season they did when they lost 4 straters from last years team.

Westview and Crocket County will be tough next year for sure. Obion, Dyer County and Union City could suprise some teams next year too. Every team in our district will double and triple team Dudley, which will hurt. Loosing the two senior gaurds will certainly hurt GC. You are right on that fact. Hopefully we can have our younger players step up.

It should be a great time next year.

I don't agree with you though on Westview's coach being the best coach in 13AA. Russell has been at GC long enough now to where he has his players and program in place. You saw what happened this past year in our district against Westview...not saying Westview's coach does not know his stuff, because he does. The wins he got against Russell early were due to the fact that he had more tenure @Westview and his middle schools programs than David Russell had at GC and his middle school programs. THIS IS JUST MY OPIONION! Westview's coach does have a great record. You have to let his record speak for itself. HE'S GOOD. Take the talent away from both teams though and I will still take Russell hands down.

No question , parity will be at an all time high.. Everyone always talks about who is returning during tourney time.. I'm going out on a limb here, but I feel it's a very strong branch, and that is top to bottom 13AA will be one of the toughest girls districts in the state.. And just to be clear to our friends in 7AA, I'm talking about next year and not this year.. ;)

No question , parity will be at an all time high.. Everyone always talks about who is returning during tourney time.. I'm going out on a limb here, but I feel it's a very strong branch, and that is top to bottom 13AA will be one of the toughest girls districts in the state.. And just to be clear to our friends in 7AA, I'm talking about next year and not this year.. ;)

i didnt say the wizard was a better coach than russell, go back and read it again...i said x's and o's

i said russell was the best program coach BAR NONE!!

is that a promise twhoops? :angry: i'm worried about DC's scoring is the only reason i can't envision them competing with the others for the title, but i said in my post that they could on any given night beat the top 4 at home

and i had respect for your bball knowledge until you said ferrel was more valuable than bellamy...i know you really don't believe that

although i didnt know tyus scored that many for CC so i have to admit i may have under emphasized their loss on that, but i really like that freshman guard #3 (even though i can't recall her name)

i didnt say the wizard was a better coach than russell, go back and read it again...i said x's and o's

i said russell was the best program coach BAR NONE!!

is that a promise twhoops? B) i'm worried about DC's scoring is the only reason i can't envision them competing with the others for the title, but i said in my post that they could on any given night beat the top 4 at home

and i had respect for your bball knowledge until you said ferrel was more valuable than bellamy...i know you really don't believe that

although i didnt know tyus scored that many for CC so i have to admit i may have under emphasized their loss on that, but i really like that freshman guard #3 (even though i can't recall her name)

Once again 3pointer I concur with your unbiased analysis of 13AA. I agree with your assertion that the Wizard of Westview is the best X & O man and totally agree with you/disagree with TW that Bellamy was more valuable to Westview than Farrell. Taking nothing away from Ashley just an observation based on more times seeing them play than either of you. David Russell is no doubt the master at running a program overall. By the way, my 13AA/7AA Challenge thread isn't getting the kind of passion I thought it might create. Maybe everyone's off the board for the weekend.