Whiate Station Finally catches BC

volntn

Opperman, I'm from east Tn. and not once did I ever say Bradley was better than White Station. I've always said that Memphis is where the Best basketball is played, and I have never attacked the town or any of the things that go on there, that is not what this board is about, so please don't put everyone in East Tn. in the same group. Some of us know what Basketball is about. By the way I hope you just saw UAB upset Kentucky, it was a great game, these guys showed what true D1 players are. Congrats to White Station you deserve it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

911 and baconbreath you both just need to stop talking. BC beat WS once, in the regular season, great job, but when it mattered you guys went home early, WS earned to be state champs, I'm not a WS fan, but they won, DB or BC didn't, you must accept that fact and finally admit that you got beat, great job you guys.

Opperman, I'm from east Tn. and not once did I ever say Bradley was better than White Station. I've always said that Memphis is where the Best basketball is played, and I have never attacked the town or any of the things that go on there, that is not what this board is about, so please don't put everyone in East Tn. in the same group. Some of us know what Basketball is about. By the way I hope you just saw UAB upset Kentucky, it was a great game, these guys showed what true D1 players are. Congrats to White Station you deserve it.

Sorry, "everybody" was too strong on my part. But it sure seems like it some times. And the most vocal ones (cough bacobreath cough) are that way.

And yes, I have decided that UAB should play every game of the NCAA Tournament. Though Pantherbert probably hates them now. :huh:

I have to give it up to Bradley Central as well. Since I watched that 2000 title game with Josh Hare and their stacked teams that kept coming back for more year after year I knew they were a GREAT team and couldn't wait to drive back up to M'boro to (hopefully) watch a rematch year after year.

Hope there's continued success for yall as well as JNS. The Delk twins are lights out!

The cold hard facts is White Staion has won the state 4 out of the last 5 years. Bradley has been to the state 4 out of the last 5 years. White Station has beaten Bradley 3 of these years. Clearly, these two teams have been the class of all Tennessee teams for the past 5 years. Just as clearly, White Station has been the best. This is one Bradley fan who tips his hat to White Station.

Bradley DID get embarrassed by Oak Ridge... who didnt even make it out of their region... OR won by 16... White Station is the 2004 AAA champs and Bradley wasnt even in the Finals so how can you compare them? thats 3 in a row for White Station and 4 in the past 5 years... and i believe a man named Dane Bradshaw is from WS now at TN

In respone to ClintonDragonz32

1. Every team has an off night (Example UAB defeating KY last night) -even White Station. They got beat by Fairly in their region.

2. They are comparable teams-even CoachT thinks so in their strength of schedule rankings.

3. Dane Bradshaw? What a joke........UT can't even win an NIT game so bragging that he is at UT isn't much.

4. There was so much smack on these threads prior to the tourney about how Clinton was going to pull an upset. I believe you got sour grapes because you got thumped at the Boro AND you cancelled both of your regular season games with Bradley Central.

5. Give these threads a bit of credit and let the people who know basketball have some debate. Your comments are just clueless.

See ya.

The cold hard facts is White Staion has won the state 4 out of the last 5 years. Bradley has been to the state 4 out of the last 5 years. White Station has beaten Bradley 3 of these years. Clearly, these two teams have been the class of all Tennessee teams for the past 5 years. Just as clearly, White Station has been the best. This is one Bradley fan who tips his hat to White Station.

Ditto!!!!!!!!!

I, too, am a Bradley Bear. White Station has defeated us in the state two of the three years I have been a part of the program. My hats are off to them. Yes, we beat them in the Arby's, an accomplishment to beat WS any time. The times I have watched WS, they are a class bunch of guys and coaches. Never have I seen them do things that would embarrass the program. I think it speaks highly of Coach Tippett and his boys that he has several going on to colleges like Yale. The rivalry between these two schools is fantastic for the coaches, players and fans. It is a healthy rivalry.Neither team deserves to be trashed on here by people. I for one, enjoy watching WS, just as I love watching Bradley Central. Good kids, good athletes, good attitudes, and just CLASS all together from both teams. I am proud for both programs. Would Bradley have beaten WS Saturday night? Who knows? They didn't get the chance, thanks to a very, very good team, Jackson Northside. But, the facts are that WS is state champs again and very deserving of the honor. Take nothing away from the Bradley Bears. This group of seniors have total class also. Never having to worry about a player getting into trouble; never having to worry about grades; never having to worry about much of anything. I have been blessed to be a part of this program as have all the fans! I am glad that we have had the opportunity to play a class program such as WS while my son was playing. Yes, we all celebrated the night we beat them, because what an accomplishment to beat a team like WS. Personally, I like Memphis (especially "Rendevouz"), though I would not like to live there. No doubt more good basketball there than anywhere, BUT to all you Memphis people. Don't take anything away from East Tennessee, because we play some pretty dang good ball over here too. My hats are off to all the AAA teams that were in the state from East and West. I saw a lot of heart and class this past week, along with the broken hearts. All I can say is that the past three years have been nothing but awesome, and playing White Station three times have been one reason it has been so great. Good luck to the seniors from both schools!!!!!!! You have made your schools PROUD!!!!!

Let me tell you local yokels from the armpit of Tennessee something and tell you something straight. You will never embarass Bradley Central. You may ocassionally score more points, yes. You may win more trophies, yes. You may put more guys in college somewhere, yes. But you will NEVER embarass us. We have too much class and dignity. Something that you will only read about.

P.S. I like colby cheese with my wine! We don't whine, we re-load.

Bradley Central, RELOAD????!!!!! Haha! Try RECRUIT!!!! Kent Smith has got to hit the road and do some more recruiting. If I was the coach Elliot at McMinn, or the coach at either Cleveland High or Walker Valley, then I'd watch my nest. Bradley's coach has been known to rob another school's talent pool. Heck, Half of his team this year should have played for either McMinn County, Cleveland, or Walker Valley based on where each attended elementary school. Coach Smith uses the lame excuse that he does not recruit, he says that it is case of parental decisions.

He has tried to get players like JuJuan Smith and the Little kid at Cleveland. When there were rumors that JuJuan Smith might go down to Cleveland High School to play, it was Kent Smith that cried that Cleveland High School was recruiting. That was a prime example of the pot callin' the kettle black! Thank goodness Coach Elliot was able to keep JuJuan at McMinn.

For someone that does not recruit, Kent Smith sure has done a great job of trying to get Jonathan Adams from Baylor. I hear that Kent still is working on that one. The coach from Baylor better watch his back!

I hope the area coaches are on their toes, or Kent Smith will once again have the number one recruiting class in the state!

Go Tribe!!!!

Bradley Central, RELOAD????!!!!! Haha! Try RECRUIT!!!! Kent Smith has got to hit the road and do some more recruiting. 

I hope the area coaches are on their toes, or Kent Smith will once again have the number one recruiting class in the state!

Go Tribe!!!!

You obviously don't have a clue!!!! Bradley's coaching staff doesn't need to recruit. Their history and tradition is a dangling carrot in itself and if a kid has any talent, they want to play for the best, disciplined program around. There is No other decision than Bradley Central. Bar None.

I'm done on this thread!

I cannot believe that someone actually got on THIS thread to accuse Coach Smith of recruiting. Same song, different verse. If a team is successful, they recruit! That's what people want to say. Bottom line is that what player with lots of potential, and who is a good kid would not want to play for a CLASS act like Kent Smith and play the best teams in the state (and some of the best out of state). I have said this on the girls board many times, but I will say it again on here. "Good coaches don't need to recruit. Their reputation and program recruits for itself." What player in this area would not want to play at Bradley??????????? Kent never needs to go out to find players. The players somehow FIND Bradley by themselves. Like Les, I am finished with this thread. It is getting out of control.