• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seymour is "undefeted"

Campbell Co. 11-2

Greenback 11-1

Gibbs 16-10

Heritage 10-5

Cocke Co. 8-2

They play Sevier Co. tonight so they will probably stay "undefeted". Seymour has a definite possibilty of the most potent offense in AA. The bottom of their line-up is more powerful than the top. They do not have a single weak batter 1-9. They also have 3 or 4 guys on the bench that could start offensively for anybody. I coached most of these guys two years ago and knew they could hit. But they are truly tearing the cover off the ball. They have a frehman starting that has already hit 3 bombs. I think two of them have been grannies. He will probably set the school record for homeruns his freshman year (the record is 11). Well, he better do it this year. He won't see a good pitch for the next 3 years.

There pitching is suspect and young, but heck, when you are putting double digits on the board about everytime you take the field, pitching has room to suffer.

Edited by bigcat33

farragut still is at 6-0 but they have a tourny this weekend with possibly 5 or 6 games when they have already played 4 in the last 3 days so it might become a slugfest......

McCallie tournament right? When does Waldrop pitch? I have heard so much about him that i'd like to get out and watch him throw a little.