Is this a legal pitch?

Buki4life80

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is definitly not a legal pitch. one foot has to remain on the ground at all times. ima pitcher and im not even sure how u would get much speed comeing completly off the ground like that. it takes away ur leg drive which is where u get alotta ur power and speed from. some pitchers come off the ground with both feet a little and umps dont call it, but that pic. the girl is way off the ground.

In ASA and NSA the pitcher must present the ball before pitching motion starts. Here is another one : pitching arm can be no farther than 12 inches away from the body during the pitch. One more, in high school the pitcher can rock back on one foot, not legal in ASA ,NSA ,or USSSA. Are we talking High school only?

The pitcher is required to start with her hands separated, then bring them together, I believe for between 1 second and 10 seconds. I believe that approx. 10 years ago, it was required that the ball be in the bare hand while they were separated, and this was referred to as presenting the ball. The rule for at least the past 8 years has been that the ball can be in either the glove hand or the bare hand, thus the pitcher no longer is required to "present" the ball, although some people still use that terminology.

A pitcher that can truly replant and push off will gain a huge advantage by ending up at least 3 feet closer to home plate. This can be tricky to master though because as I have observed pitchers trying to gain speed, they usually lose their pinpoint control. Any coach or parent that teaches this is really hurting the pitcher and for the most part you don't see "crowhopping" anymore. All you see is a pitcher pushing so hard that their foot has trouble staying in contact with the ground.

This is definitly not a legal pitch. one foot has to remain on the ground at all times. ima pitcher and im not even sure how u would get much speed comeing completly off the ground like that. it takes away ur leg drive which is where u get alotta ur power and speed from. some pitchers come off the ground with both feet a little and umps dont call it, but that pic. the girl is way off the ground.

i agree......i couldnt get ahold of the pic either but if the drag foot is off the ground then it is illegal whether it is replanting the foot or not.......i have seen plenty of pitchers crow hop and umps dont call it but it is still illegal.