Lack of respect for Soccer

IN2VOLS

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope..I'm sorry that i have never seen a baseball player tear up their ankle.. Shame on me... Maybe we have the wrong idea on what a torn up ankle is. I feel like im arguing with a 3rd grader anyway because it would really help everyone out if you improved your spelling and intelligence of your posts.

Edited by chs_soccer34

That would be nice if baseball players could learn how to slide. In soccer it's kind of hard to avoid some injuries, like when you school someone 1 on 1 and they take you out on your way past them. In baseball most of the time when a player gets hurt it's either being hit by a pitch, landing on a base wrong, or on very rare occasions getting smashed by a catcher at thurd base(Derek Jeter last year) In soccer you get smashed by other players all the time, that's why chs's teammates are probably wearing ankle or knee braces. If they were wussies like you claim they are, then they wouldn't play. Playing with a brace on is infinately harder than not playing.

Oh yeah...bottomline...lets get our historical sports facts down right...Rugby developed out of the sport of soccer..."American Football" developed out of rugby...So your precious ALL AMERICAN sport, pretty much came from soccer which makes it not so ALL AMERICAN after all...hmm...

And, if it really matters, Baseball can be traced back to Cricket (another European sport).

Dude...we're not having a war. Did you know that baseball ratings are down at all time record lows (last year). And i bet you didn't know that more and more soccer games are being shown, so never say never. I never said that all you have to do in baseball was to hit the ball and run around the bases, that was someone else. Oh and if you wanna think it's a wussy sport then w/e but i guarantee you wouldn't last playing agains't Fairview's soccer team. Tell them it's a wussy sport.

actually last year's playoffs was one of baseball's highest rated ever since it is the farthest the boston red sox and chicago cubs have made it in a while, and to whoever said that there is no strategy in baseball you are sadly mistaken, im not getting into the whole soccer/respect argument, i just believe that baseball is the sport in which the most strategy is used, the coach has to decide what pitch to throw to each batter in each different count possible, he also has to line the defense up according to the hitter and then offensively you have to know when to steal bases, when to run on certain plays, how to read pick off moves, how to read pitches that are coming at you....and i could go on for a very long time....and im not saying this because baseball is my favorite sport or anything b/c basketball is, this is just how i feel

Staynskool..

but ill tell you this much... these same idiots who bash male soccer players will be at every single girls' soccer match... cause like every red blooded american male... they dig hott chicks... and thats one thing even those morons can appreciate about soccer... we got the ladies

i would much rather go to a football or basketball game and look at the cheerleaders..first of all even at ooltewah where there are a few hott soccer chicks the cheerleaders are 10 times better, 2nd of all they are a lot closer to the fans and so in better eyesight, and 3rd and last of all you dont see them hockin up lugis and the such on the sideline, haha just my personal opinion but thats all its worth

Oh yeah...bottomline...lets get our historical sports facts down right...Rugby developed out of the sport of soccer..."American Football" developed out of rugby...So your precious ALL AMERICAN sport, pretty much came from soccer which makes it not so ALL AMERICAN after all...hmm...

And, if it really matters, Baseball can be traced back to Cricket (another European sport).

ok look just b/c a game or sport was developed out of another doesn't mean it is the same or can be derived from the same origin...i mean just about everything that is made has some part of it that is modeled after something else so then there is technically no origin to anything, b/c i mean im sure soccer could be traced back to people kicking around cans behind a trash dump site or something and they were like hey this is fun lets try using a ball, and then they were like hey man lets try and get it past each other and then they were like ok lets try and put it in a goal past someone and eventually soccer was developed...so actually it can be seen that soccer was not its own idea, it started after people were kicking cans around behind a dumpster

There have been more soccer games on espn lately, and the other day there were 2 soccer highlights on the top 10 plays on espn. Soccer is the fastest growing sport in America. If you're going to tell someone you're correct and they're not and try and end an argument that way, then atleast spell "right" correctly... Notice there's no w in right. By the way, the hardest thing in any sport is to do a bicycle kick and have the ball go the way you want it to. It is much harder than hitting a baseball.(I played baseball for around 10 years) Baseball will never be anywhere near exciting, skillful or physical as soccer is.

soccer has to be the fastest growing sport because none of the other sports have any more room to grow, they are already huge in popularity

This has gotten way, way off topic and most of you have missed the point of the original point. I happen to like ALL high school sports. Those of you who find one sport or another boring are entitled to that opinion, but there are great details involved in baseball that the soccer people aren't able or don't want to understand and the same goes for what the baseball people say about soccer. Both sports are entertaining in their own ways. This topic IS NOT about which sport is better. It is about why a school of over 1,800 students (Ooltewah) that fields 17 varsity sports can't manage to accomodate them. The students who choose to play baseball, run track, play softball, play tennis or play soccer should all be commended for their committment and the discipline it takes to play any sport. Arguing about having more MLS games on network television isn't going to help the over 60 boys and girls who play soccer at Ooltewah or the ones who do the same at Central, which has the same problem but fewer people care because their program isn't as successful. The largest high school in Hamilton County should be encouraging all of them. There is no excuse for Ooltewah to not be able to provide adequate field space for teams to represent the school. All this other talk about what sport is better adds nothing to the discussion, it only allows people to display their ignorance.

Having said what I wanted to say, I'll leave you alone.