Lack of respect for Soccer

IN2VOLS

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bottomline, do you really think you could teach someone to play soccer in weeks?? Sure you would show them how to kick a ball, but there is no way they would be able to play with good players. I'm sure it would be the same way the other way around. Sure you could teach soccer players to play baseball and football, but im not gonna sit here and lie like you saying anyone could be good at it. And I still havent figured out how soccer players are bigger wussies than baseball players...what do they do that makes them so tough?

bottomline, do you really think you could teach someone to play soccer in weeks?? Sure you would show them how to kick a ball, but there is no way they would be able to play with good players. I'm sure it would be the same way the other way around. Sure you could teach soccer players to play baseball and football, but im not gonna sit here and lie like you saying anyone could be good at it. And I still havent figured out how soccer players are bigger wussies than baseball players...what do they do that makes them so tough?

Well said ;)

I know. They sit on the bench and wait for their turn to hit the baseball into the field untill it is the other teams turn...then u stand on the field and wait for a ball to come in the air to catch it. and so it goes on untill a team makes the most runs...sounds like fun... :);):o ( Really works those eye muscles...staying awake is required...) :o

i love how people think soccer is easy to learn... they honestly believe all that is required is kicking the ball and chasing after it... they have no idea about having to keep you rdribble close to your body yet far enough away that youre not getting hacked. nor do they realise anything about hacing to bend the ball around people nor the effort it takes to learn when and how to measure up your pass velocity depending on the situation. They have no idea what it takes to know when and where your teamates are going to be on the field even without having any diagramed plays liek football. they have no idea the pain you feel in your legs after having played 5 matches in 3 days, such as when you have a soccer tournament. and therefore they also have no idea what its like when a simple slide tackle that normally you would shrug off and run though ruptures yoru achilles or or fractures your ankle thanksthe exhaustion and wear and tear your legs have gone through over those 3 days or (30 miles of sprinting) which an average midfielder would cover in that span of games.every kid grows up playing baseball so im quite sure most soccer players could make the switch to baseball... but most baseballers could not make the same switch. as far as football goes, if you are physically blessed you can play football and be great. I first played football at the age of 12, and had never played the game before, every kid on my team and most in the league had played since they were at least 6, and I won league MVP that season based solely on the fact that I was the biggest kid on the field... that wouldn't happen in soccer. fact is, its a natural human reaction to make fun of what we don't understand, and most american athletes don't understand soccer and are therefore threatened by it. what do you think they are gonna automatically do? take verbal jabs at it to make themselves feel better... its just something you cannot stop from happening... but ill tell you this much... these same idiots who bash male soccer players will be at every single girls' soccer match... cause like every red blooded american male... they dig hott chicks... and thats one thing even those morons can appreciate about soccer... we got the ladies

Bottomline....I realize that you are obviously closed minded in the facts that you state about soccer. You obviously have a lack of knowledge about the game so why post about it. Soccer, basketball, and football are all on the same level as far as action is concerned. I like baseball but its no contact sport compared to soccer. Who cares if something orginated in america or not. It's whats fun that counts. As far as coach fowler is concerned, he must not know much about soccer. I'll give him my props on football but i doubt he would speak of soccer with so much of a dislike as you do. I like baseball just as much as i like soccer but in my opinion from someone who has played them both, Soccer is of an athletic sport and takes more of an athlete to play. It's not just "kicking the ball round" as you say, it combines a lot more of a talent level than that. If you think it's an easy game to play then you are sadly mistaken and I urge you to take your monthly pay check to wal-mart and get yourself a soccer ball.

stephenzca goodone!!! HAHA but as far as saying baseball all you do hit the ball run to the bases you are sadly mistaken!!you got to have a game plan to win ask any coach? have you ever seen a player get his fingers brook from a fast ball or tare his anckle up after sliding into a base guess not !!do you know the skill level you have to be on to hit a little round ball coming at you going 80 to 90mph no you don't!!! say what you want!!soccer will never be on the same level as baseball or football in the USA thats why ya''ll started this post to cry about soccer getting no respect how often do you see anything on espn about soccer only during the world cup so like i said quit crying and play your wussy sport!!!!!!!PS.stephen lets not have a war on here!!! i am wright and your wrong as simple as that!! HAHA :D

Dude...we're not having a war. Did you know that baseball ratings are down at all time record lows (last year). And i bet you didn't know that more and more soccer games are being shown, so never say never. I never said that all you have to do in baseball was to hit the ball and run around the bases, that was someone else. Oh and if you wanna think it's a wussy sport then w/e but i guarantee you wouldn't last playing agains't Fairview's soccer team. Tell them it's a wussy sport.

All sports, obviously, have some degree of difficulty(even soccer). Or else there would be no point in playing because everyone would be great. Comparing soccer and baseball is like comparing a square and a circle. They have practically nothing in common. Anyone who thinks soccer is easy is wrong. I will say that hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in ANY sport.

What kind of a wussy tears their ankle up sliding in a base? I played baseball for 10 years and i never did that nor have i seen anyone do that. I have seen more broken and hurt ankles in soccer games (but not as many as basketball) 3 or 4 poeple on my team are wearing ankle braces at the moment. Some teams out there like to hack...now that is a quick way to hurt an ankle.

All sports, obviously, have some degree of difficulty(even soccer). Or else there would be no point in playing because everyone would be great. Comparing soccer and baseball is like comparing a square and a circle. They have practically nothing in common. Anyone who thinks soccer is easy is wrong. I will say that hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in ANY sport.

Nice..I could definitely agree with that..How bout we leave it at this??

soccer will never be on the same level as baseball or football in the USA thats why ya''ll started this post to cry about soccer getting no respect how often do you see anything on espn about soccer only during the world cup so like i said quit crying and play your wussy sport!!!!!!!PS.stephen lets not have a war on here!!! i am wright and your wrong as simple as that

There have been more soccer games on espn lately, and the other day there were 2 soccer highlights on the top 10 plays on espn. Soccer is the fastest growing sport in America. If you're going to tell someone you're correct and they're not and try and end an argument that way, then atleast spell "right" correctly... Notice there's no w in right. By the way, the hardest thing in any sport is to do a bicycle kick and have the ball go the way you want it to. It is much harder than hitting a baseball.(I played baseball for around 10 years) Baseball will never be anywhere near exciting, skillful or physical as soccer is.