Lack of respect for Soccer

IN2VOLS

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

European soccer players get paid more than any other professional sthlete, bar none. Zinedine Zidane makes roughly 500,000 Lbs(UK) per week, which is essentially$750,000(US), Which means he makes slightly less than $50,000,000(US) per year... the highest ever recorded salary in the United States belonged to Michael Jordan who earned $36,000,000(US) in his final seasons with the Bulls(before the salary cap was introduced) The highest paid salary currently in America belongs to A-Rod, at basically, $25,000,000(US) per season. and there are at least 4 other players on Real Madrid making at least 200,000 Lbs(UK) per week... lets just face it... if you can be a player for soccer teams overseas you can make some serious dough

you have to remember that america is small in the world of sports. we do house most of the "weird sports" basketball, american football, Baseball(besides cuba and dominican republic) but besides us, there's soccer, rugby and cricket. well... Jai Lai in south america. yea, america is kind of an anomoly, we generate sooo much money from spectator sports, there's no where for it to go. now it could be given to charity, and everyone have a set salary of 2 mil, but that's no fun now is it? around the world, people think sports are supposed to be fun, so there isn't as much moeny put into it. i guarantee that soccer games in ghana or china don't cost 75$ for nosebleed seats. it's like 2 bucks there. granted the world cup may be different, but that's once every 4 years. only exceptions to this rule may be La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga(maybe). besides that... no money in it. this is all my opinion, you can say what you want, but I've played and spectated in Europe (Ajax vs. AC milan, and Liverpool vs. Valencia).

youve 'spectated'?? c'mon Mullins youre better than that, while it is an actual word its just such an odd(however correct) usage...and actually there is plenty of money for sport in western europe, skandinavia, russia, the middle east(where suprisingly some of the highest salaries are, i guess because the oil tycoons), and parts of Asia(Japan, Big Cities of China and India) However Eastern Europe, Africa and most of the Latin and Asian countries just are too poor overall to charge much for spectator sports. However they do still manage to sell-out most of their sports. I have family in both England and Norway(Lancaster and Bergen respectively) and even Brann(Bergen's hometown club) manage to have sell-outs throughout football season. I just cannot understand how the worlds game just hasn't caught on here, its almost like its in our genetic code to "stick it to the man(england)" by not accepting the sport they created. I really wish America would make all athletes have the same salary package and then the best players are rewarded via incintives that are reached through performance(that way they feel as though they are playing hard for a reason). Then again I also feel America should go to a National Healthcare Plan(much like Canada) so that people aren't screwed over just for having the wrong Insurance(a good example would be the movie John Q)... Thats my 2 cents, make of them what you will

Soccer is the most boring game that has ever been thought of . This is tn not england or mexico the only reason they stared playing soccer around here is because doctor and lawyers wives didn't won't their kids playing PEEWEE football with kids that went to public school as simple as that!!!! and another thing bassball and football american football that is rules here!!!! soccer does not deserve any respect at all ti's not american!! SO PLEASE END THIS THREAD!! ITS VERY VERY VERY BORING ;)

bottomline thats the stupidest thing you've ever posted.......There ar TWICE as many people that attend ZCA's soccer games than attend MP baseball games(exception MP vs. CA), with that ZCA is just an average soccer team, MP is one of the best baseball teams around, just b/c your school doesn't have a soccer team doesn't give you the right to trash talk to sport.

Athletics of any kind should be encouraged. Competition is universal. All competitors are family. Those who dish on any other fellow competitors in sports fail to understand the true meaning of sports.

Last year at Spring Fling, some of our biggest fans at the soccer games were athletes from other sports . All supporting each other.

If you prefer hacking football.. that's cool.. but to dish on our sport on our boards only saddens us that you are not a true competitor but a false prophet.

Bottomline, would you quit posting the word BASSBALL, you can't even spell it. The correct spelling is baseball. I have read many threads you have started in the baseball boards and each time you spell it BASSBALL. We do not need to hear remarks about a sport you know nothing about, especially from someone as uneducated as you. And if you think these threads are so boring why even come in here and read them. That's a waste of your time in which you could be using to learn other more important things (such as spelling).

chs soccer the way i spelt baseball is the my own little tradmark!! butt if it offends you !! i hate it for you!! this is my opinion thats all!! But if it offends you that mean you never been tough enough to strapp it up!! Thats football terms FOOTBALL NOT SOCCER!!DID YOU GET THAT?? and by the way i love BASSBALL BASSBALL BASSBALL!! I must have it a nerve with you if you come on here and all you can say anything about is the way i spell baseball?? GET A LIFE YOU YOU YOU YOU SOCER PLAYER!! I MISSED SPELT SOCER JUST FOR YOU!!BU-DDY <_<