Lack of respect for Soccer

IN2VOLS

vent vent vent... i thinkg ur stupid for saying that, there are some important people on these boards, and if one of them with some power got wind of this they could do something. granted it's a long shot, but if it worked, it'd be worth the gripeing. so stay on topic and let people chat about whatever they want. u dont have to post in here, or even read the board.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soccer is one of the most underrated sports in america. i admit that i didn't like it at first. but that was only because i didn't know anything about it. when u learn how to play the game then it is the best sport there is. i've played every major sport and i don't like any of them near as much as i love soccer. i think that's the only reason that soccer doesn't bring in the money or get the respect it deserves. its so bad around here that the school board or school or whatever was gonna make us pay a pretty big price just to play on the football practice field. i mean its hardly even used and we play during their offseason so its really gay how it all works out.

i agree with crkjon, posting in here isn't going to do jack to help your soccer program get funding and facilities, you're just listening to everyone complain about how soccer is the step-child of their school athletics. i love soccer, but this isn't how you're going to bring it into the forefront of your school and such, posting in a forum dominated by soccer players who will most likely agree with you and just sit in here and vent.

thank you soccerryno22 thank you.....and btw you all think getting sponsers for soccer is tough in the state of tennessee.....well try playing lacrosse. Heck hardly anybody even knows what it is and just about nobody knows how to play it.....and NO ONE will ever sponsor it unless you are lucky

vent vent vent... i thinkg ur stupid for saying that, there are some important people on these boards, and if one of them with some power got wind of this they could do something. granted it's a long shot, but if it worked, it'd be worth the gripeing. so stay on topic and let people chat about whatever they want. u dont have to post in here, or even read the board.

you're posting in a forum dominated by KIDS. power isn't going to be in here, power isn't going to get wind of this. the only way you're gonna get the funding and such is by getting a group of parents to talk to administration. no one with any influence over these specific schools is going to be in here reading this without someone telling them to read it, in which case they may as well go ahead and present their case in person. agree?

I agree with most of the posts in here. But the one way to MAKE people notice you (to receive funding, support, etc.) is to perform! If you improve, people notice it, whether they like soccer or not (via word of mouth). So if you want money, facilities, equipment, fans, etc. GO WIN SOME GAMES!

Edited by dback33