Farragut 48 game win streak ends...

HiwasseeVol

My bad.......it was Stephen not Alex....it was late and I let that one slip between the wickets. Also my apologies to Tye McCleary.

Yes we were without Delmonico at SS (back to Dr. next week then we'll see), however, Reily Jennings (normaly our 2B) has filled in quite well. Eldridge (CF) is day-to-day and will likely be back later next week. Injuries are just a part of the game.

Our regular 3B is Philip Sherrad ("Share-id not Sha-rad" - little inside joke to all those PA announcers).....and he is indeed a good one. To get the ball past Philip would likely have to be though his dead lifeless body. He makes plays. Cody Brown plays there when Philip is pitching and there is no drop off here.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soup,

Steven Watson is our catcher Alex plays for Riverdale.

I was about to say, I thought Alex Watson played for Riverdale instead of Oakland (thanks for clearing it up, cause I was getting confused). Sounds like a good game from what everyones saying. Farragut has some players out, and when they get them back I believe Farragut will dominate just like they did last year.

Soup',

Please tell the other gentleman (don't want to use any names here :rolleyes:

that I said thank you for coming up and saying hi! I hope ya had as good a time playing in Middle Tennessee as I had watching ya (I would have had a little more fun in we had scored a couple of more runs against ya ;)

Hope everyone gets healthy and stays that way... good kids playing great baseball is fun to watch.

High School Baseball - the best kept secret in Tennessee sports - agreed????

Yea oakland won but look how.....oakland threw their ace against farragut who was missing the best outfielder and infielder in the state of tennessee who are also among the elite hitters in the state. i dont know much about farraguts pitching but the guy who pitched was probably like the 3 or 4 or even farther down the line for farragut. yea oakland beat a great team and it is a great win but it was not a complete win because it was not a match of best vs best. and when its best vs best(Waldrop vs Robinson with Del Monico and Eldridge in the lineup) for these two teams farragut wins every time....GUARANTEED

davidlimbaugh,

It was great meeting you and seeing that palatial box you preside over. This event was top notch the whole way. Several of our parents commented that it was a terriffic tournament......with excellent facilities......and genial hosts at all locations. The only way to get better is to play the best. Sorry this will be our (families) last year, but I'm sure the Admiral's would love to return. I'll tell the tall fellow you said hello.

Guest Oakland

ace or no ace starters or no starters oakland beat farragut, no bein mean or anything just stating the fact. i have total respect for farragut's coach, he refused to use his missing starters as a reason for the loss. it was a privilege to play a team like farragut and hopefully we will meet them somwhere down the road again

ace or no ace starters or no starters oakland beat farragut, no bein mean or anything just stating the fact. i have total respect for farragut's coach, he refused to use his missing starters as a reason for the loss. it was a privilege to play a team like farragut and hopefully we will meet them somwhere down the road again

this is true but missing those players probably hurt alot... and it was also just a tournament game that didnt matter much... im sure that farragut would have loved to win that game and keep the streak going, but it was still a tournament game where farragut was going home that night anyway... and by the way that oakland acted... you would have thought they won the world series....