Best Infielders in East TN?

deerhunter1077

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is so funny for people to talk about how good people are from like grundy co. and teams like that when no team in knoxville, with several exceptions like webb maryville, and science hill even compare to the talent of farragut. farragut plays the best teams around and what is their record. farragut plays the best so they are the best, so when you talk about people from east tennessee how can you not mention waldrop of farragut or delmonico or sherrard, i don't understand that logig at all but whatever.

i just read over that post and it almost sounds like im whining. in a sense i am, but for the most part im not. i refuse to say that farragut isnt a good team-they are the best around so dont get me wrong-what im saying is hearing farragut this and farragut that is getting old-give some other schools credit for their good games or their good players-it doesnt have to be farragut at everything

I agree with both Hodges and Young.

As far as Farragut goes, as soon as someone else starts playing at their level, then I'd hope they would get the same amount of publicity. At the moment they are the only nationally ranked team in East Tennessee.

As sparse as coverage is in the Knoxville paper, the fact that Farragut is getting pub also helps to raise awareness of other teams.

As I recall Halls and Gibbs both had decent stories in the paper during the Beaver Creek Classic. Conversely, West, which won the tournament, got one line.

Gogreene, after seeing Greeneville play recently, I have to disagree with your post about Venerable. He is a decent SS but nothing extraordinary. Strong arm, however. On the flip side, I was very impressed with how smooth the 2B was. He made a play on every ball hit to him and put his throws right in the chest. Can't ask for more than that. B)