God & Football

JC4life

Tez, you claim to be a Christian, yet you are insulting your brothers in Christ on here. I don't know if you are truly a Christian, but you don't seem to be by the stuff you say on here. I'm not the one to judge you, God will be the one when you have to stand before him one day, but if you truly are a Christian (having a relationship with Jesus, not just going to church), then you need to take on your responsibilities as a Christian and spread the Gospel--even through public prayer. I will make sure that I get down on my knees before the Lord tonight and pray for you so that your eyes will be opened and that someday you won't burn in the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

To all the Christians, we need to band together and take a stand for Jesus who died for us. We have been put down and pushed around entirely too much. We are being persecuted for our faith just like Jesus said we would. We do need to respect other religions and cultures, but simultaneously we need to be a witness for Christ to them.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

BHSOL..................I always knew that I liked and admired you, but never more so than what I just read above. How in the world get you get so wise at so young of an age? Your parents have done a remarkable job with you. If I didn't know better, I would say you were from Oakland!

Alright people, I'm going to say this one more time, and that's it. Everything I say is a LAW. If you do not like the laws of this land, then vote (or better yet, run) for a Representative or Senator that shares your viewpoints. If you want to band together, then get together and begin lobbying or petition for a Constitutional Amendment supporting your idea. This isn't such a stretch, these things have happened before. I apologize if I come off a little strong, I'm just trying to report the facts of our federal/state/local laws. I'm just asking you folks to be a little more open-minded and logical and less critical of others.

I don't see you guys talking to those moderators like you do me...

Are you kidding me? First...there will be no federal law (not in our lifetime) that allows gays the chance to marry. Second, a Representative or Senator is supposed to be a speaker of his/her constituents. If something becomes a state law, then some lawmaker proposed it and it was voted on, then signed by our Governor. If the people of the state do not like it, they should vote them out, plain and simple.

I'm interested to see your opinion on alcohol. Please reply.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

I guess my question was too difficult for most of you to follow so I will pose it again:

QUESTION #1. Let's say that your son has a GREAT football coach who wins lots of games and is a fine example of what a man should be however he is a practicing Buddhist. Would it be appropriate for him to have a small statue of the Buddha in his office or in the corner of the locker room? Would you want him talking to your children about becoming Buddhists? Would that be acceptable to you as a parent?

If that question seems "too far out" for you, let me give you more food for thought:

QUESTION # 2. Let's say your winning football coach is a "good Catholic" who has a cross in his office on the wall and a beautiful portrait painting of the Virgin Mary on his other wall. Your son is a member of the Church of Christ Church and every time the team meets for team prayer the coach invites his Catholic priest over to pray. The Father prays to Mary on their behalf and then leads them in the Lord's Prayer. Your son comes home very confused about praying to Mary for intercession and you become angry and go to the coach which says to you, "We have a freedom to worship in this great land of ours and as long as I am head coach we will only pray to the one true God and the one true faith!" Now you may both worship the same God but your son is being told your religion or faith is not the one true faith! What do you do? Can you go to the school board about this problem?

You see my friends YOU AND I DON'T GET TO CHOSE WHICH GOD OUR CHILDREN WILL PRAY TO IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS! If you can't see the simple truth in this then you are blinded by your own personal feelings about the matter. Both of these scenarios I have mentioned has happened in America and that is why a moment of silence is much more in line with what should be done at PUBLIC school games!

I wish that life were as simple as being able to pray anywhere,anytime,anyplace.

Unfortunatly that isn't the way it is.

Yes, my school does say a prayer in the locker room, before the game,and after the game. While our community is a christian community (I myself am a preacher's child) I feel that some people would be offeneded. I believe that they can opt to say their own prayer privatly or just tune out.

But unfortunatly again life is just not that simple