Lewis County and Region 5-2a

pantherman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis Co. is always competitive. How have your teams done the past few years. Lewis Co. has been to the quarters the last 3 years. Talk about struggling in the playoffs. Why don't you mention how far your teams have been the last 3 years.

It is always easy to put a magnifying glass on someone else put on your teams and show us just your playoff record and regional championships.

I respect their program you guys must be jealous.

Alex Edwards will most likely be the QB for this upcoming season. And thats not a bad thing like some people may say. He is a WAY smarter QB then David was but not near as athletic. I am a Tight End and I think he is pretty good throwin tha ball too. And why does someone always have to say something bad about Coach Sharp? Him and his coaching staff are most likely the best coaching staff anywhere around here. And I think that Lewis County has been VERY successful over the last 10 years and will be for the next 10 years.

Edited by LCpanthers90

Lewis was beaten by McKenzie in the 2002 quaterfinals. McKenzie made a great run that year beating Waverly at Waverly (amazing 4th quarter comeback), Fairview at home (OT Thriller in the mudpit) and then beat Lewis Co. before getting beat by Mitchell in a 12-6 game. Fairview that year beat Huntingdon in the first round. No one can say Lewis Co. hasn't been successful. They have numerous region championships, and quarterfinal apperances. How many schools would love to have that history? I know I would. There is no since to knock Lewis Co., I am not a fan of Lewis at all, but respect what Coach Sharp has done with that program. Yes they struggle in the 3rd round, but how many teams get to the third round every year? Not many, so quit the bashing.

Now I am not sure and I am not one for fighting on coacht, but I do think that they have tried to schedule some tougher teams but it is hard to get them to play Lewis Co. I have no idea if DL has tried to schedule them or not but you have to look at logistics and just "natural" rivals whenever they choose their schedule.

With that said, I would love to see them play the David Lipscomb's and Goodpastures of the football world year in and year out. I think it would make for some great games and maybe even some great rivalries in the years to come.

Remember once a Panther, always a Panther! Go get them this year!!! Keep the tradition going and Coach Sharp keep doing the GREAT job you have been doing!!!

Now I am not sure and I am not one for fighting on coacht, but I do think that they have tried to schedule some tougher teams but it is hard to get them to play Lewis Co. I have no idea if DL has tried to schedule them or not but you have to look at logistics and just "natural" rivals whenever they choose their schedule.

With that said, I would love to see them play the David Lipscomb's and Goodpastures of the football world year in and year out. I think it would make for some great games and maybe even some great rivalries in the years to come.

Remember once a Panther, always a Panther! Go get them this year!!! Keep the tradition going and Coach Sharp keep doing the GREAT job you have been doing!!!

Dude there are plenty of teams that would play them alot closer that DL. How about Page, Springhill, Marshall County, Shelbyville etc....All would play it Lewis would play them!

Francis you seem to be an expert on just about everything. Don't really understand why a know-it -all like you spends so much wasteful time on this site. With your talents you should be picking up garbage, digging ditches, or recycling trash.

Lewis County has tried to play many of the schools that you have mentioned. Many times dates don't work out. Let our coach know where you are from and I am sure he would arrange a game or scrimmage.

Francis you seem to be an expert on just about everything.  Don't really understand why a know-it -all like you spends so much wasteful time on this site.  With your talents you should be picking up garbage, digging ditches, or recycling trash. 

Lewis County has tried to play many of the schools that you have mentioned.  Many times dates don't work out.  Let our coach know where you are from and I am sure he would arrange a game or scrimmage.

Look, if you would more carefully read between the lines of what I wrote all I am saying is that this region has done poorly in the playoffs for years. No finals, not even semifinal teams. I do know that other regions suffer from the same problems of limited playoff success but Lewis claims to be a contender when in actuallity they haven't proven that in the playoffs on the highest level. Other teams in the region realize their playoff struggles and have made attempts to get better through regular season scheduling improvements. If Lewis Co. does not attempt to do the same they may find their "region supremecy" slipping a bit!

Edited by Francis

Now, I have no clue who won the title in 1995. I thought that in 1996 that the Cubs were gonna be something special. You guys had Japeth and Driver in the backfield, but yall lost to Beech, Maplewood, Pearl-Cohn, and Father Ryan who were the top 4 in the Region. What seed was Pearl when they won it all in 1996 Francis? They were a #1 seed in 1997.

Cleveland won the state title in 95