Lewis County and Region 5-2a

pantherman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think lewis and fairview will contend for the region crown. i would say cheatham but they are way to worried about other things besides football. like how they beat "suckamore" last year. sycamore had by far their worst defensive game of the year and still had a shot to win. to all of you cheatham fans who are constantly ragging on sycamore......how many times have you all beat the #3 team in the state? or put up 40 something points on one of the 3 best defenses in the state? but to all of you cubs that are alright people goodluck this year.

I think Cheatham will be a good team this year. They lost some key players but those CCHS coaches will find a way to win. Lewis Co. will be tough as usual. Things seem to be quiet up in Waverly and Harpeth. Richland will be better this year as well. I think the up and coming team will be Loretto. They were awful young last year and still played some tough football.

Cheatham and Harpeth can both challenge for this Region in 2004. The top 4 teams in this Region are so close that anyone of them could beat the others on any given Friday night this upcoming fall. Cheatham returns Scott Parker, Bubba Brown, and Brandon Holley to a defensive line that is THE BEST in the entire Region. Chris Langley will be taking the snaps (for the third consecutive season) for the Cubs this fall. The Cubs will often times be a very "boring" team to watch, but they can just plain win football games (and that is all that matters in the end). Look for Piper to have a breakout year for the Cubs this fall (he will be the replacement to Sam Reeves at tailback). Harpeth will be the exact opposite of Cheatham this fall. Marshall Winkler's Indians return an outstanding trio of tailbacks to the backfield (Casey Plumlee, Paul Ivey, and Hunter Clark). Plumlee could be the most explosive back in the Region in '04 after breaking out late in the 2003 season. Ivey basically beat Hickman by himself last year. He returned a kickoff 90 yards for a touchdown and had a fumble recovery for a touchdown in that game and the Indians won it 20-14. Clark was not really heard from all that much after the team's opening game crushing of Nashville Christian (where he rushed for over 130 yards on 5 carries) but he will be in 2004. The team also has an excellent duo returning at reciever in Jeff Roark and Justin Beasley. Daniel Davidson will once again do the kicking for the Indians in 2004. The only questions in Kingston Springs are the following:

1.) Who will be the successor to Jimmy Gann at quarterback this fall?

2.) How can we replace linebackers Conatser and Daughtery (after we had previously replaced linebackers Adam Conatser and Adam Huffines)?

ONLY TIME WILL TELL!!!!!!!

You are a guru.

Hey Francis, I guess that I try my best to find out as much about every team as possible. I will say this about Region 5-2A, I believe that the top 4 teams in this Region are as good as both Goodpasture and/or David Lipscomb. These 2 teams have the luxury of playing in what I like to call a "weak region". Last fall the third place team in their entire Region was Houston County. Houston County would be very lucky to finish in the top 4 in Region 5-2A (and they were a second round playoff team in 2003). Region 4-2A which includes Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Houston County, and East Robertson is where the upper portion of the playoff bracket ends. The lower portion of the playoff bracket starts with Region 5-2A and Region 6-2A which includes the teams like Huntingdon, McKenzie, and Westview (who will be very good in 2004). The entire reason for this post is to tell all of you that I believe that any of the top 4 teams in this Region could beat either of the 2 midstate 2A "powerhouses" (Goodpasture and Lipscomb). Anyone who argues this point needs to just look at the facts. Lewis County beat McKenzie in last year's playoffs before they lost to Huntingdon (and McKenzie could definately beat Goodpasture and Lipscomb). From about 1997-2000 Harpeth was one of the top 5 2A teams in the state (and for the past 3 years Lewis County has been one of those teams) but none of those great teams has ever made it to the state title game or for that matter even the semifinals because of the fact that they eventually always got beat by a GREAT TEAM along the way. Those teams included Milan, Huntingdon, McKenzie, and Westview (or as I like to call them the Fab Four of west-TN). I hope that 2004 is the year where one of the teams from this great Region makes it all the way to the 'Boro and I wish everyone GOOD LUCK in the upcoming season!!!!!!!

Believe what you want. If you think Lewis County, or anyone else for that matter could even stay on the field with DL or GP you ain't to bright. Harpeth was in the region with GP for many years and got blasted time and time again. Lewis plays no one during the regular season even though DL has contacted them many time to play. Wake up.