Lewis County and Region 5-2a

pantherman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does NOT matter who they play this year because come playoff time there just is NOT a team in 5-2A that can matchup with either Huntingdon and/or McKenzie in 2004. They are too big, too strong, and definately too fast for either Lewis County, Cheatham Central, or Harpeth to beat in this year's playoffs.

I woulnd't say all that now. If you come up with the right defensive gameplan you can beat these teams. Region 5-2a has good teams and plays smashmouth football every game. I think they may surprise people this year.

Do not start proclaiming yourselves as "great" because as of right now, you guys are not doing anything that hasn't been done in your own region before.

Just one thing CBarkley-have you ever done it (win 3 regional titles in a row of 6 in 10 years) or your team. I believe before Harpeth won 4 Lewis Co. won a few. You might want to check on that.

You keep putting words in peoples mouth. Nobody said LC was great. The whole thread was about LC and Region 5-2A. If you want to look at post look at how many other people put on here about Lewis County. About 4 out of 50 are people from Lewis County. So who is blowing who's horn. Now if somebody was going to talk about Sycamore you would be the first to cry. Go to class or get a job. All you do is post on CoachT

Sounds like you have been to several LC games. So I guess you were sitting at home. As far as losing to Huntingdon, we were down 0-7 at half-time, oh well. They had a great team. I believe you even said that they could have beaten anyone up to 5A. By the way it has been a while but our History has taken us to the semis, grant you it has been a while. You need to quit saying son, you have stated how old you are, by saying when you played, I am much older than you.

Nothing has been mentioned about LC winning against Mckenzie last year when everybody in the state said we would lose. I guess people forget those games.

LC has a good history in football. I think that if you look at the talent they have had they always go beyond their skill.

cbarkley you seem to be the one hatin on other peoples programs. im a big sycamore fan and whether lewis plays good teams or not is really not the point. they have a good team year in and year out and sycamore would never play them. so why dont you say one nice thing about other peoples teams. its better to help someone up than keep someone down. :angry:

You just said Sycamore and Lewis Co. were good teams, so leave it at that. Lewis could schedule harder opponents but that is their choice not to. Why bash the kids that play, because they aren't in control of who is scheduled to play them. Sycamore has never made it past the quarterfinals either, maybe they can't win the big game. Yes I know Sycamore is a young school, but good teams won't make excuses. Lewis Co. knows they have been taking out to the woodshed in the playoffs and someday Sycamore will too. Both teams have good programs, have great student athletes, so why down them on here. I don't see how you say Loretto and Waverly are pathetic. Loretto had a down year last year, but before that they were usually second in this region with the Lewis-Loretto game determining the region. Waverly also had a great 2002 season and always has a stingy defense before last year. You must of got a misconception of this region from just watching it last year, but the years before this it was a very tough region. It's funny you didn't list Harpeth as one of the pathetic teams because Loretto and Harpeth both have had great programs the past decade. Maybe not as successful as Harpeth as in Region Championships, but they play tough teams. 2001 and 2002 they played Ezell-Harding and Collinwood, yes they are single A schools but they both were top 5 programs and could beat most A,AA,and AAA teams. So stop putting down a team and its students, I know you think they should schedule more opponents, but just say that and RESPECT what they have done on the football field.

• 2 months later...
Fairview will definately be a tough team to beat in 2004.  The Jackets may have the 2 BEST BACKS in the entire Region in Bobby Martin and Glen Fraser.  Both of these players could very well finish the upcoming season with over 1000 yards a piece.  I really do NOT know very much about the quarterback this upcoming fall, but the way that you guys describe him he sounds like a good one.  The kicker (whose name I just can't remember) was very impressive in the game that I saw him play in (which was against Cheatham Central).  He could kick the ball in the endzone everytime after a Fairview score and that is vital in terms of helping out a defense and giving your team great field position.  Like I stated earlier, I like Lewis County to win the Region, but as far as Fairview, Harpeth, and Cheatham are concerned I really do not have a clue.  I am sure that these will be the 4 teams that represent Region 5-2A in the 2004 playoffs (with Loretto, Waverly, and Richland missing the postseason again this season).

825238432[/snapback]

I would not misjudge the young and talented raiders. They have alot of new infulence on them but new players and new coaches. I dont talk trash I'm just saying straight up the RAIDERS will rise to the TOP again!!!

When they play a GOOD team and defeat that GOOD team, then I will say something nice about them.  The two years that Sycamore has claimed be a GOOD team were 2001 and 2003.  In 2001, the War Eagles lost to Crockett Co. in the state quarterfinals 9-7.  Crockett went on to lose to Austin-East in the state championship game.  In 2003, Sycamore lost in 2OT to Greenbrier.  They lost by 1 POINT because they came up 1 YARD short on a two-point conversion attempt.  During those two seasons, Sycamore fans have NEVER talked near as much smack as the Lewis County fans.  In 2001, Lewis Co. lost to McKenzie in the quarterfinals by a BUNCH.  Last year, the Panthers lost to Huntingdon by a BUNCH (and so did everyone else with the exception of Milan).  Lewis County is a GOOD football team, but they will be the team that always gets beat in either the second or third round of the playoffs until they schedule a GOOD non-region opponent during the regular season.  Westmoreland, Giles Co., and Hickman Co. are a JOKE.  Wayne Co. is a playoff team year after year, but they are 1A.  Lewis Co. needs to set up non-region games against the likes of Columbia Central, Marshall Co., or even a team like Lipscomb or Goodpasture because when you beat up on inferior competition that does not help you prepare for the challenges that the playoffs bring.  Lewis Co. plays 4 teams that are worth mentioning and they are: Cheatham, Harpeth, Fairview, and Wayne Co.  These are 4 teams that people will consistently find on a playoff bracket year after year.  Loretto, Richland, Giles Co., Hickman Co., Waverly, and Westmoreland are PATHETIC!!!

825257030[/snapback]

In all fairness to Lewis Co., THEY HAVE TO PLAY ALL THEIR REGION GAMES! Just like everyone else! So aside from 4 teams on their schedule...they really don't have many other options!

Edited by dback33

• 3 weeks later...
They were beating up on Harpeth back when the Indians were basically the Lighthouse Christian of high school football (in other words this was back when Harpeth was pittiful).  I also noticed that you did not include Cheatham in that little comment.  The reason that you did not do so is because Cheatham used to kill (that's spelled K-I-L-L) Goodpasture during those same days.  That basically should tell you that the past has nothing to do with the present okay buddy!!!  If David Lipscomb is so "great" like you make them out to be, then why did they let a little school like Huntingdon (which is located in the middle of nowhere) beat them RETARDED in last year's BlueCross Bowl.  Huntingdon also beat Lewis Co. during last year's postseason (I will admit that) but Lewis Co. did not get beat nearly as bad as what Lipscomb did.  The fact is that Lipscomb and Goodpasture have to beat 2 QUALITY TEAMS in order for one of them to qualify for the title game on a yearly basis (those 2 teams are Tyner and Alcoa-who lost to DL in last year's state semifinals by a final score of 55-6).  The 4 teams from Region 5-2A have to play the teams from west-TN in order to just make it to the BlueCross Bowl.  They would have to beat teams like Milan, Huntingdon, Westview, McKenzie, Carver, and Mitchell in 4 consecutive weeks in order to get to the 'Boro.  Lipscomb has to beat the "powderpuffs" like Meigs Co., Houston Co., and Polk Co. before they have to face an actual challenge (if you call 55-6 a challenge) from a quality team in the state semifinals.  The fact is that last fall Lipscomb nor Goodpasture could have won the regular season title in Regions 5, 6, 7, and 8.

825239207[/snapback]

Let me just say that calling Meigs a "powderpuff" is a rediculous statement. The past 2 seasons have been down years for us, but Meigs has been in the playoffs every year, but 1 since 1993. And we beat Lipscomb a few years ago. Also I remember meating Lewis Co. alot in the playoffs of the 90's and beating them really bad. If you would like to retract that statement then thankyou. As to the others you mentioned yes they are "powderpuffs"

Let me just say that calling Meigs a "powderpuff" is a rediculous statement.  The past 2 seasons have been down years for us, but Meigs has been in the playoffs every year, but 1 since 1993.  And we beat Lipscomb a few years ago.  Also I remember meating Lewis Co. alot in the playoffs of the 90's and beating them really bad.  If you would like to retract that statement then thankyou.  As to the others you mentioned yes they are "powderpuffs"

825299246[/snapback]

Please refresh us, When did Meigs ever play Lewis County, much less beat them really bad. I have been following LC football for 25 years and I don't recall that ever happening. thumb