Maryville

WestHightrojanfan2007

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOVMAN

I don't know why the waiting list is longer for some people. Sorry if I got on you. I guess I am getting tired of having to defend the Maryville program all the time.

If Maryville cheated like newman and VitaVol said they did Josh Whitehead, Shannon Wroblewski and other county studs that wanted to go to Maryville would have went to Maryville.

One thing to keep in mind. I believe I was told that the waiting list is grade sensitive. Numbers are keep per grade. I also know that if you stay on the list long enough you will eventually get in. Some have to wait as much as two years. That includes non-athletes.

Rebel Raider, I was not trying to say that by any means Im jus saying if you know inside people you will get in. I loved everything about the school it was something me and my family talked about and then we went from there and decided not to go

that is entirely not true.......if you could just get in from connections....what would be the point of the waiting list.....i know all of you all will hate to hear it but, mhs is fair and just when dealing with transfer students and it is not about who you know or how much money your dad makes...none of that matters, theres a list and thats how you get in

I'm speaking for all the people who don't go to Maryville. I can see how a rumor like Clausen enrolling in Maryville would be taken seriously. Since Casey and now Rick is playing at UT, I can see the family moving to Knoxville, or close to Knoxville, to be closer to the games. And since they have another son playing high school football, what school would he want to go to that's close to Knoxville with a good football reputation? Maryville. I can see how people would believe it. I had someone tell me this morning that he was going to Maryville, and I said "I wouldn't doubt it." That's where I would want to go to if I was in his situation.

Now, on the Casey being a bad/good quarterback situation. You can argue both ways. It's hard to argue with his record, the stats and his great sophomore year. But he didn't live up to all the hype. Wasn't he suppose to win the Heisman his sophomore year? He was always hyped up to be the greatest, but fell short. I liked him...but I would have liked anybody that Fulmer put at the position. I am excited about the future of UT. Robert Meachem , Burnett, Simon, Hannon, and a number of others. I'm looking forward to seeing Ainge play some, see if he's as good as he's hyped up to be.

Word on the Clausen kid is that he will attend Maryville and then turn pro after his senior season. After meeting with some of the maryville boosters and hearing about the coaching staff at maryville, they determined that any coaching he received after high school would be a waste of time and only bring the kid down. Sounds like another lawsuit for the NFL.