Region 5-5A in '04

Gtowner

Sure, it may be April, but I am ready for some football already. I listened to the Orange and White game yesterday afternoon on the way home from Pigeon Forge, and it gave me football fever! Anyway, who do you all think has a chance at region 5-5A this season? Will the usuals stand at the top or will the metro teams light a fire this season? Just a few questions to stir your imaginations!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gtowner, can't wait for the upcoming season can you?

Gallatin- they need some time to gel with the new guys in the line. MacFarland will be a good QB. Possibly better than Link. Harris got better with every game last year. Linebackers look strong. If the sophmore speed merchants can get some experience early than look out!! Question marks at punter,d-line and corners.

Antioch- good group returning at line and "Coker". Remember that name!! If the Qb can get back and stay healthy they should do well. They have more speed than a lot of college teams.

Hendersonville- lost a lot from last year. Sawyers should be a staple in the backfield. They are always solid on defense. They seem to have excellent kickers every year. Need some experience and playing time for the new QB.

Hunters Lane- Speedy QB and some quality backfield people. I don't know who they return in the line.

Beech- last year was a terrible year with what they had returning. Time will tell if they can get back to winning form. Runningback Sheffield will help.

Glencliff- I like the coach. He is a class guy. Thats all I know.

McGavock- I have seen nothing in the last 2 years that will convince me that they are not last place material. Maybe the rezoning of Antioch students will help.

In order of my predicted finish. Gallatin scrimmages White House in a couple of weeks. Can't wait for that!

Hey Gtowner,  can't wait for the upcoming season can you?

Gallatin- they need some time to gel with the new guys in the line.  MacFarland will be a good QB.  Possibly better than Link.  Harris got better with every game last year.  Linebackers look strong.  If the sophmore speed merchants can get some experience early than look out!! Question marks at punter,d-line and corners.

Antioch- good group returning at line and "Coker".  Remember that name!!  If the Qb can get back and stay healthy they should do well.  They have more speed than a lot of college teams.

Hendersonville- lost a lot from last year. Sawyers should be a staple in the backfield.  They are always solid on defense.  They seem to have excellent kickers every year.  Need some experience and playing time for the new QB.

Hunters Lane- Speedy QB and some quality backfield people.  I don't know who they return in the line. 

Beech- last year was a terrible year with what they had returning.  Time will tell if they can get back to winning form.  Runningback Sheffield will help.

Glencliff-  I like the coach.  He is a class guy.  Thats all I know.

McGavock- I have seen nothing in the last 2 years that will convince me that they are not last place material.  Maybe the rezoning of Antioch students will help.

In order of my predicted finish.  Gallatin scrimmages White House in a couple of weeks.  Can't wait for that!

Great post GWave! I have really missed talking to you guys for the past few months. This season is really shaping up to a real sloberknoker. I can't wait for August. GWave, do you know an exact date on that WHHS Vs. GHS scrimmage? Would it not be interesting to see FHS come back to the Waveyard this season? I guess that its really to early to look for that one. Hey, does anyone know when the '04 scheduals are coming out? Thanks for the comments and keep them coming!

Go Wave!!!!!

Just a bit too early for playoff talk, I agree... but it would be nice. I'd like to see a regular season game between GHS and FHS be scheduled the next go around. That could be a good rivalry.

Indeed it used to be a great rilvary and a good gate for both teams. Classic battles between Jeremy McMurry and Fred Lane not to mention Chapman, a great punter-kicker, from Franklin. And with your headcoach being the one single reason Gallatin lost the 1982 state championship, it would make for a good side storyline.

But don't count on the lights going out again---that was a fluke. But I do wish it had happened a little earlier. At least it gives ya'll down there a little something to talk smack about :o .

Gtowner, I believe the scrimmage is set for a Friday afternoon May 7th. The next week on Saturday Gallatin will go down and play Lincoln Co. Last time it was in the morning.

And I hope Crutcher does end up playing AAU ball instead of football.