The Best in Knoxville over the past 25 years?

znagglepuz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why everybody is putting players from outside Knoxville area is because PrepXtra includes all of the teams they're talking about. Oak Ridge, Clinton, Mavyille...I don't know about Greeneville. These places are so close to Knoxville everyone just throws them in. Besides, a lot of good players have come from Oak Ridge Maryville and Clinton, and they've had some decent teams too. OR was ranked the third best team in the country a long time ago....not too bad if you ask me.

On the coaches:

I can't agree with you that Sam Anderson would be my coach. To be honest,

I think he should have won more than he did. He had the best talent and was

playing against some very small schools. I don't think he would be your best

x and o man over the past 25 years.

My coaches would include; Duncan, Fisher, Sparks, and Rick Ford.

I think Helton deserves tops at QB, I would say Pennington but I have to say no because of a story I've heard my whole life. When he played against little Oneida back in '93 or '94, he went 2 for 18 or something liek that for negative yards. After the game he threw his helmet into the stands he was so enraged. He was interviewed either this year or last and said that hardest he had ever been hit was in that game.

On the coaches:

I can't agree with you that Sam Anderson would be my coach. To be honest,

I think he should have won more than he did. He had the best talent and was

playing against some very small schools. I don't think he would be your best

x and o man over the past 25 years.

My coaches would include; Duncan, Fisher, Sparks, and Rick Ford.

Do I smell a hater? Why you can't give Sam Anderson any love? Not only did he win football titles, he won track titles so give my man some love.

Now about you saying Kerr and Helton recruits. What do you think about Duncan? I mean, my cousin lived in Northwest knoxville but Duncan wanted him so bad, he picked him up for school everyday just to get him to Powell. So who recruits?

While I have been readin the 3+ pages I have seen one person bring up the name Shannon Mitchell. This man was a legend in Alcoa and went on to play for the Chargers. Also what about James "Stink" Reinor this kid could flat out fly. He passed on a football scholarship at Clemson to run track at East Carolina. Micheal George also is looking at going to a D1 school for his junior and senior yrs. He passed on Bama bc they wouldnt let him play QB. Those are just 2 that were great on the 2000 state championship team. What do you guys think about Stink and George

If you are talking about the Knoxville area you have to put these two guys as your head coach of this all star team.

Emory Hale Oak Ridge and Maryville

Ted Wilson Maryville and Dobyns Bennett

If you are talking Knoxville only I would put these Guys near the top.

Sam Anderson Austin East

Bob Black Fulton

Clark Duncan Powell

Larry Kerr Halls and Anderson County

Joel Helton Central