LC vs. Oneida

sportsdude20

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Zizou. The game vs. Sweetwater was terrible. Their first goal managed to go between our backup keeper's hands rolling very slowly. Their second goal was a good goal, coming off a corner kick. We missed easy shots when they were there and in the second half Sweetwater played defense. Their two shots on goal were both goals, and our 15 shots on goal couldnt find the net. Not trying to take anything away from their win, but we were cocky coming in and they beat us with heart. They deserved it more that game.

I agree with most of the posts. If LC shows up with the same game as they gave CCS, or even the last 20 minutes of the CAK game, Oneida shouldn't give them much of a problem. LC has some real talent and speed, they can get out of it mentally just like everyone else. If I recall, CAK also went down 1-0 in the first half against Sweetwater on mental errors, but then managed to get their acts together for a 6-1 win. Mitch, just remember to enjoy the game, and don't put so much pressure on yourself! It will come together for you! Good luck.

LC shouldnt have any trouble taking this victory. I'm sure they have learned enough from their past tournament and Im sure they will show heart like they have done in their good games. They had a bad game againsts Sweetwater and showed heart in the last minutes against CAK. Im sure that if they get their act together like they did against CCS , then they will win this Oneida game. Good luck to both teams this tuesday. Im sure the better team will win.

Dudes! I'm getting a little cross reading all these "LC shouldn't have any problem with......" posts that are going up. LC is getting tons of respect since they have spent the last several years earning it, but Oneida is no spring chicken. The posts spend a remarkable amount of time "worrying" about whether the Brazilian is playing, surely an experienced team such as LC knows one player can not carry the load. I assure you there are several talented players on our side, and it would be a mistake to think someone else isn't capable of finishing plays for us. There will be no bashing of LC on this post, but I just have to put in this little saying of mine: Be careful of the flavor of your words, cause sooner or later your gonna EAT THEM! That all man, Kaz! B)B)

Grigsby, McColloch(K), Buhaly, Wilder, and Byrd have allowed 5 goals in 13 games this year. The only team to get more than one in any game was Webb(10-2-1), who a lot of people trashed early until they started winning games. This backfield has 9 shutouts in 13 games, so I'll be impressed if LC can put up 4 goals against this lineup. Another interesting stat jumps out at you is that Oneida's G. Swain, soph., is scoring and assisting at a better clip this year that LC's M. Thomas, at least according to the Knoxville paper. They have the same number of goals, but Swain had 5 more assists. Thomas is an exceptional player and is very well respected by us, my point is Swain is coming into his own as a more recognized player for his ability. Welch, DeAraujo, Stephens, Swain, Brewster, and Grigsby have been very potent scorers for the Indians, and I'm sure they have a willingness to prove they are capable of scoring against the LC defense. This should be a good soccer match because there is a sense that the Panthers have forgotten that a less talented Oneida club tied them last year, and by most accounts they will be facing a better eleven Tuesday Night. Good luck to both teams and BTTW, Kaz! :blink::P

To Kazam37 rest assured that Lenoir City knows what it is up against with Oneida.

Oneida is a very good and talented team capable of defeating anyone on its schedule.

As for the postings about the game, we can't help what other people say and post. I haven't seen any one from LC saying anything about the game on the posts. Maybe someone is trying to get a psychological edge. Good luck to all

Its not exactly fair to compare the stats of Mitch Thomas from Lenoir City and Oneida's Grant Swain(sp?). Lenoir City has played CAK twice, CCS, Memphis Ridgeway, Germantown Houston, an underrated Collierville team, Knox Catholic, and Science Hill. Oneida's schedule just doesn't compare to Lenoir City's in terms of strength of schedule.

Agree with the last statement made by Zizou159, however the Indians have also played several quality teams and did not duck anyone. Gallatin, Hillsboro, Knox Webb, McGavock, and Kingston all have solid clubs. They also got preseason wins against CSAS, Sweetwater, and Seymour. There is no question the Panthers have a tougher schedule from top to bottom, but Oneida plays no school on its schedule with even a small comparison to its actual size. The building job done at this small public school in rural Scott Co is astounding, to say the least. How they are competing against schools twice their size is a pretty remarkable achievement in my opinion. So win or lose tomorrow night will do nothing to improve or diminish their achievements in this fans eyes.