Best Goalie

Kapman4

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree, though Baucom has greatly improved since last year, i'd say that of the two (who are no doubt both great goalies) i would rather have Regan in my net. but i have seen Rainer play, hes very talented, but i still stick to my opinion on Regan being the most trustworthy in goal. but all three are difficult to score on.

I've only seen Baucom play against MUS (this year and last year) and against MBA (first game this year, on film), but I have to say I haven't seen him pull off anything amazing that would make me think he's reall a contender for First team all-state. I admit, he looks really quick and lively in warmups, but he doesn't seem to perform against really tough shooters like I've seen Regan and Rainer do.

[What about baucom's clearing game?]

He has very good stick skills and almost always uses good judgement. In our game against MUS and 1st MBA game we've had far fewer failed clears. The second time against MBA we had about the same number, but that isn't typical of our defense or baucom. Early in the season he'd catch guys off guard a little because every pass he threw was a rocket, but he's got that out of his system and has really developed good touch.

I've played against both Baucom and Regan and I would definately have to say that Regan is the better goalie. On Regan anything outside he'll save; you have to get inside on him to score. On the other hand Baucom was a different story, he was mediocre at outside shots and didnt have a single one-one save. Regan is definately a better goalie. It will be between Regan and Rainer for All-State honors (1st team)

"Anything outside he'll save"? "Baucom didn't have a single one-on-one save"?

Is this really your analysis for choosing the most talented goalie in TN?

You haven't seen enough of McCallie's defense to analyze them, but can make a blanket statement like that about Baucom?