Best Goalie

Kapman4

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea this years All States were messed up. Rainer got screwed; he outperfermed Baucum all year and at the end of the year he has the best save %, so I guess you can say he outperformed Regan also.

There is a lot more to being a goalie than save percentage. And the difference was marginal, something like 2%. Rainer has next year to go and looks like he will be clear cut best in state.

i know there is a lot more to being a goalie than save percentage, i was just saying. I think groundballs, interceptions, take aways, and clearing are all important things. and unless i am mistaken i think Rainer was head in all of those catagories also. oh and wait from the games i have seen Rainer isn't afraid to go out and lay a big hit. ex. State semi finals against MBA and finals v. McCallie (it looked like he almost killed #9). also he isnt afraid to run it up the field, so if ur saying there is more to being a goalie, it still looks like he should still win it. Dont get me wrong Regan and Baucum are great goalies, but i think Rainer should have at least been ahead of Baucum and he and Regan should have been head to head.

i know there is a lot more to being a goalie than save percentage, i was just saying. I think groundballs, interceptions, take aways, and clearing are all important things. and unless i am mistaken i think Rainer was head in all of those catagories also. oh and wait from the games i have seen Rainer isn't afraid to go out and lay a big hit. ex. State semi finals against MBA and finals v. McCallie (it looked like he almost killed #9). also he isnt afraid to run it up the field, so if ur saying there is more to being a goalie, it still looks like he should still win it. Dont get me wrong Regan and Baucum are great goalies, but i think Rainer should have at least been ahead of Baucum and he and Regan should have been head to head.

You have a few good points, but lets not forget one of the most important aspects of a goalie, running the defense. This is a very important part of the team aspect of the position of goalie and is a very important part of the goalie's leadership skills, after all if the defense holds the opposing team to fewer easy shots, the less there is a chance of scoring. Regan and Rainer should definitely be close up there at the top. Rainer will be fun to watch and be horrible to play against next year! He will certianly be the top goalie; and i would also like to add that from what ive seen he is gentleman who plays with a lot of class. In one of the games he made a few big hits and then picked up the guy off the ground, and also sort of appoligized for his defence on a coulpe of instances after cheap hits.

He will certianly be the top goalie; and i would also like to add that from what ive seen he is gentleman who plays with a lot of class.

Jimbo will love seeing this. He really is a great kid and a great goalie, and I feel sorry for everybody next year when ya'll have to play against him.

i think that reagan completely deserved his 1st team all state award. i do, however, think that jimbo is better than baucam from what ive seen and played against.... when we played mus in the semis jimbo was on fire and im pretty sure that he'll be the best next year.