Best Goalie

Kapman4

I've seen Baucom play in about three games and Regan in four. I would say Regan is definitely more talented than Baucom but it seems like Regan tries to do too much (coming out for too many ground balls, jumping out of crease too early). I have yet to see Rainer play so I have no idea about him. Baucom may be more consistent but I would say at the top of their games, Regan is the better goalie.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Anything outside he'll save"? "Baucom didn't have a single one-on-one save"?

Is this really your analysis for choosing the most talented goalie in TN?

Well, actually, I think it is a very good way to determine the best goalie. MBA's defense relies on Regan to control the outside shots andstuff the middle so there won't be any dumps on him one-on-one, but he still can stop these shots. From what I've seen of Baucom, he does have a hard time stopping inside shots, and is not as impressive as Regan at outside shots.

Any of the McCallie players posting here should agree with me that a hot goalie can truly turn any game around, as they saw against MUS earlier in the season when Rainer stuffed them 3 times in the opening six minutes up close. This play allowed MUS to take a good lead early and frustrate McCallie. Your goalie's ability to change the tempo of the game is what makes him the best. Regan makes it necessary to get inside and try to dump it on him, while I haven't seen or heard of Baucom doing anything exceptional like Regan or Rainer.

Thank you for proving my point!! In order to establish the best goalie, state the facts. Another point in all of this is the difficulty in choosing the best individuals for a team sport, seems to lead to pointless bickering. Each goalie is a tremendous leader for their respective teams, and it's just too bad that one is eventually going to get more recognition than another.

Both of you are bickering, yes. In an attempt to end the arguement, in what attributes should an All-State (All-American?) goalie have? While i do think that a goalie's ability to stop outside shots and stuff one-on-one's is important, and "the facts" tell a lot, but that doesnt fly for others. So rather than going off on tangential subjects, lets make a list of what separates a good goalie from the best goalie-- if yall really care.

I play for MUS, and so i am biased towards Rainer. But, between Baucom and Regan, Regan dominates: at least in my two games against the teams. Gibson and Gillepie had no trouble scoring on Baucom (Gib had 5 goals, Gillespie had 3), whereas the two attackmen had trouble doing anything against Regan (i dont have the stats). Based on my own limited observation, Regan is amazing, as is Rainer.

Guest BIGRUSN

I dont know if any of the goalies have exibited the attributes for all american. I think they are definately great, regan has off days though, baucom isnt well roudned, but is very good, and i cant say anything about ranier i didnt pay attention, but it seems like everything is about regan and baucom.

All 3 goalies mentioned here are all good, and all have incredible defenses. But then look at CBHS, with a average defense playing agaisnt top calibar offeneses, and i think taylor does a heck of a job in cage. if he had the defense of some of these other goalies i think he would definitley be more noticed. All in all, talent wise, i think taylor is the best goalie in the state

I'd have to say Regan. He has by far the best ratio of shots blocked to shots attempted on him

that might be because more people shot on him than the other goalies

..................................................and tlcbhs, its kinda obvious that that goalie is you, first off, the first two letters are your first and last name, and it says cbhs on it. sorry buddy.....................but i do agree with you, he does have the talent, but like you said cbhs doesnt have the defense that mccallie, mba, and some of the other top caliber schools

hey frostbyte, ur an idiot. tlcbhs was talking about Chris Taylor, not himself. In my opinion, I agree with tlcbhs. Taylor has faced much more shots than all three of those goalies. His defense isn't as good as McCallie's or MUS or MBA. Why is everyone choosing only the good team's goalies? I've seen all 4 of these goalies play and frankly, I don't understand why everyone has failed to mention Chris Taylor. The kid doesn't miss a beat. He keeps CBHS in games with his saves and can clear the ball as good as any of the other 3. Chris Taylor is the best goalie in Tennessee.