Best Goalie

Kapman4

the reason mba does as well as they do has a lot to do with regan. mba can let other teams shoot outside because they know regan has their back, as a result no one gets burned big or gets a lay-up. maybe being the best goalie means being the most influential to his respective team?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you're saying, and it is usually the goal of any team to force outside shots. Obviously, they're easier to stop. I don't like saying that the goalie has your back though. I tthink that is a terrible mindset for a defenseman to have. It's like saying, "I can play lazy because the goalie's good." I seriously doubt that the mba coaching staff would allow their defensemen to play like that. It might enable the poles to throw some flashy over head or butt end checks every once in a while against sub-par teams, but I seriously doubt that any good d-man is going to go out on a limb in a close game.

I agree, Taylor is a good goalie with a sub-par defense, but Regan and Rainer are better than him. If you want to talk about the kind of shots teams give up, MBA like to pack it in and force outside because they know Regan can handle anything 14 yds. out. MUS does the same thing because Rainer can do that too.

OK, from what everyone has said there is are 4 tops goalies in the state, Taylor (CBHS) Rainer (MUS) Baucom (McCallie) and Regan (MBA). Taylor everyone agrees is pretty solid but does not have a good defense. Yet even if he was the best goalie in the state he would not get 1st all state because the brothers havent beaten one of the big three in the state (MBA, MUS, McCallie). Rainer in his first year of starting has shown he is prolly the best at stopping the 'in tight shots'. He uses his body well and makes big time momentum saves, but sometimes misses saves he should make and prolly has the best defense in state (even w/o embry). Baucom has improved alot since last year. He is solid all over and makes all the saves he should, but he too is surrounded by alot of senior talent. MBA lost alot of talent last year. Regan is definatley the reason they were able to beat MUS and McCallie. Also, he has the advantage of winning 1st team all-state last year. So, Regan will prolly get 1st team All-State, Rainer or Baucom receiving 2nd Team, and Taylor receiving Honorable Mention or 3rd team.

Guest BIGRUSN

Bigpete is right. Whoever has the better game of regan and ranier will go to the championship and get frist team. I personally think regan is a better goalie, but ranier could show up and yank the honor away from him... either way they are 1st and 2nd string all state.

Bigpete is right. Whoever has the better game of regan and ranier will go to the championship and get frist team. I personally think regan is a better goalie, but ranier could show up and yank the honor away from him... either way they are 1st and 2nd string all state.

Well, i thought you would be right, but Regan came out on top even after being outpreformed by Rainer on Friday. I am suprised but congrats to both goalies on great years. I guess the coaches just voted on who preformed best all year long.