Amazing Feat

theflash

We were privileged to witness a triple play last night by the Warren County Lady Pioneers. It was a masterful piece of work performed by the girls. no outs(of course) runners on second and third. batter hits ground ball to 3rd; 3rd baseman looks runner back and fires to 1st base for out #1; runner on 2nd starts for 3rd, 1st baseman runs her back; then runner on 3rd bolts for home; 1st baseman throws a strike to home; big pileup and runner is called out; runner on second goes for third base, and catcher gets up off the ground and guns her down at third. 3 OUTS IN A MATTER OF ABOUT 10 SECONDS!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job guys now that is the way you turn a triple play..

We had one turned on us in Crossville when the Ump didn't call the infield fly rule...Now that ain't a triple thats a pull the bases out of the ground and get throwed out of the game play... :ph34r:

Good job on the triple

I do believe this was against Maryville. Again, great coaching at third.

Confused? You talking to me? This was against Hendersonville in the Plateau Tourn. Halls is my home.

Sorry but may be you were talking to someone else.

oh well still a good triple play when its done like that.

:huh:

I would like to know if any other school has ever pulled off a triple play? This is something that you do not hear of at this level of play.

Several seasons ago I was coaching T.A. Dugger middle of Elizabethton against Kingsport Sevier. Sevier was rallying in their final at bat trailing by 2 with the bases loaded and no outs. I thought we had lost when the Kingsport batter hit a rocket of a line drive over the second baseman's head. However, our right-center fielder got a great jump and made a backhanded shoe-string catch. The Kingsport runners thought the ball was headed for the gap and had gone about half way to the next base. Our right fielder fired to the shortstop at second for out two, and she fired to first barely ahead of the diving runner to complete the game ending gem. It is the only Junior High triple play I saw in my 7 years as a softball coach.

A triple play is ALWAYS AWESOME...regardless of the circumstances.

Congratulations...sounds like it was exciting...!!!

One of the better ones I've ever seen was in a "coach-pitch" game (5-6 year olds) several years ago. I was umpiring and there were runners on 1st and 2nd...Batter hits a line drive to shortstop...he catches the ball...tags runner coming off 2nd and continues accross the infield to tag runner between 1st/2nd...Unassisted Triple Play by a 6 year old...nice.

BY THE WAY THAT TRIPLE PLAY IN THE HALL AGAINST HENDERSONVILLE WAS NOT A BAD CALL . THE RULE STATES THE BALL HAS TO BE A ROUTINE INFIELD FLY TO BE CALLED. THE PLAY IN QUESTION THE BALL WAS HIT BEHIND 2ND BASE THE SECOND BASEMAN COULD NOT GET TO IT . THE CENTER FILDER EVEN TRIED TO GET TO IT AND COULD NOT CATCH IT. YOUR COACH AND RUNNERS MADE THE MISTAKES NOT THE UMP. IF THEY DONT CALL IT OUT LOUD THEN THOSE RUNNERS SHOULD HAVE BEEN MOVING . THAT GOES BACK TO MY 1ST POST ALMOST ALL TRIPLE PLAYS ARE CAUSED BY MISTAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!