Do Vols Fire "Ray Bans"

cbg

The Tennessee baseball team lost another SEC series to South Carolina and the program is worse than a runaway train. Does Mike Hamilton let Coach D go next Monday? What top named coach would the Vols go after? I have heard Corbin (Vanderbilt) and Peterson (MTSU) would be on the list, what other names would surface?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbin is in the act of building a tradition like a Stanford of Rice over there at Vanderbilt with the high academic standards like those schools. He's happy where he is and getting some good recruits in doesn't hurt. I don't see him going anywhere soon, much less U.T. where hardly any emphasis is put on baseball.

I don't know what type of student Tony Delmonico is (you need to be a great student to attend Vanderbilt) but I will tell you that he is a stud player. Will Tony sign out of high school or is he looking to attend college?

Delmonico should be fired because of his inability or refusal to sign top local talent. Plus the fact he isn't getting the job done on the field. Look back to when he was building a program. He had the good local talent. Now he can't get them or doesn't want them. He couldn't even get a kid that plays with his son.

Delmonico should be fired because of his inability or refusal to sign top local talent...Look back to when he was building a program.  He had the good local talent.  Now he can't get them or doesn't want them.  He couldn't even get a kid that plays with his son.

I was going to argue this point but, you're right. It doesn't look good that three players in East TN alone go SEC and he doesn't get any of them, but there are a dozen other kids from Webb, Farragut, and other local schools playin DI next year and I've only found one kid from TN going to UTK, maybe Rod thinks he gets better talent from outside the state.

As far as not getting Kyle, i think he was at a disadvantage there because of UTK's academic standing. I never heard Kyle talk about going to UT throughout the recruiting process. I think he wanted out of knoxville too...

Hope Delmonico makes another magical run in the playoffs like in the past...