Any info on CSAS?

Soccerdude83

Haha...I know exactly who you're talking about. In one of our games this year, he made a very questionable free kick call at the end of the game. As soon as the game ended I was talking to the linesman about how bad the call was, when he walked up to me and said "What, do you have a problem with me?" He's a big man, and I wouldn't like to see any soccer player get into with him, but this game last night, was not the first time he's acted that way.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why doesn't someone report him to the tssaa or do they(TSSAA) just not care what type of officials they put out on the field for the most important game of the season for both teams? i think it is pretty sad that they allow someone on the field like that since it seems he already has a bad reputation. Congrats to both teams for great seasons and good luck to CSAS at state.

It was #3 who was taunting after the PK. He was in a guys face pointing at the scoreboard after they scored. This was after he was taken down pretty hard in the box. I don't think this is typical for him. He was also talking to the guys towards the end and laughing at them. It really bothered me. When the center ref wasn't looking he got taken down by a Fairview player. (the ball was on the other side of the field) THe linesman held up his flag until he could stop play and told the center ref to what happened and a card was issued.

It just was ugly at the end. I think everyone did things they would regret but the center ref should have given #3 a PK for taunting, sent him to the sideline where he could get a drink and then come back in. No ones hurt but he is sending a message to Fairview that we are going to call things both ways.

I believe every yellow or red card given to Fairview was justified. (one was given for the 10 yard rule which CSAS should have gotten earlier) But it was still justified.

I did see the CSAS principal stop a Fairview player from going to talk to the refs but it wasn't ugly, he just told him to go back with his team. Didn't here any "n" words.

The games over. Fairview showed they could play with a very good team from Chattanooga. That is the bottom line. The refs did not cost them the game and they sure didn't control the game.

I watched some film of the game tonight. The player shouting at the ref was NOT #26 because the offender had his jersey on and #26 had pulled his off after being ejected. His number is not important and I'm not sure he even played.

#3 WAS pointing at the scoreboard after the pk because two guys hit him from either side and knocked him down as the shot was struck. Don't know why unless it was retaliation or intimidation.

Edited by sportdude

just to clear things up the last kick after the red card in the corner i was the player who tapped the ball out and yes i gave a solid shoulder to the player from behind and got ball but i wasnt called and the same the happen earlier after the first kick was taken the kick was taken 3 times. and csas got away with stalling fairview on set kick they would run up and stand infront of the ball and then slowly walk back and the center would just wait not once was a card given that i saw to a csas player for stalling on the set kicks.

Fairview, fellas, you lost. The referees didn't cost you the game, your lack of composure did. If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times. Yes, questionable calls were made both ways. The difference between the two teams was that your coach started all of the hysteria by yelling about the trivial calls early on. He complained about throw-ins, free-kicks, cards or lack-there-of and the team just followed suit. I was at the game, in very close quarters to everything that was going on. Fairview did have a 'speaking captain' but every encounter he initiated with the center referee was to charge in his face and yell 'What's the call?' No referee, whether perfect or poor in his performance, will ever respond to a team in a positive way to this behavior. I have been around the game for 22 years. I know firsthand that you cannot concentrate your efforts as a team on bad calls which is clearly what happened with Fairview. They have a good team but they are poorly coached in critical situations. If I were the Fairview coach, I would have sat the guys down, yelled at them like he did after the game and told them to shut up and play. Some of the calls were suspect but nothing to the degree that has been posted on this board. The center ref did become very aggressive towards the Fairview players at the end and he had good reason to. I very distinctly heard at least one racial slur yelled in his direction along with personal threats. I was standing less than 30 yards away - I heard it with my own ears. There was even consideration by local officials to report the Fairview players for what was said The referee DID NOT initiate this contact. There were at least 200 people on hand that will validate that the Fairview players were chasing this official off the field at the end of the game in a very threatening manner screaming at the top of their lungs, flipping him off and trying to run around and get in front of his face. Tell me any man that won't become rattled in this situation.

that's a very fair view of what happened, except for the fact that the referee DID INDEED initiate much of the aggressive behavior that followed after the game!!! Not a person on here(aside from one that i will not name) truely believes that the referees cost us(Fairview) the game! we know that it was our own fault! WE have discussed it many times between after the game and now, and each time there was a large handfull of my teammates, including myself, that admitted to making a mistake at more than one point in the game! And we all acknowledge that had we done, even just a few things differently, we could have walked out of Chattanooga with a win(granted CSAS could have done a few things differently and walked out with a 3-0 win) but you know what, we didn't!! and neither did they! I'm fairly certain that the main fuss abotu all this now is not that the referee made some bad calls, its that this referee was extremely aggeressive toward the players on the field! once again, it should not be tolerated...

The center ref did become very aggressive towards the Fairview players at the end and he had good reason to.

A ref should never be aggressive toward a player no matter what the circumstances. The refs job is to keep the "agression" out of the game buddy, he should tell the fairview players to quit by issuing them a card. If the game is over, he should simply just make his way toward his car and be gone, not hang around and be aggressive towards players.

A ref should never be aggressive toward a player no matter what the circumstances. The refs job is to keep the "agression" out of the game buddy, he should tell the fairview players to quit by issuing them a card. If the game is over, he should simply just make his way toward his car and be gone, not hang around and be aggressive towards players.

If you had seen the game and what actually happened (you may have) and pretended it was your dad out there as that center ref, you could completely understand where I'm coming from with the referees reaction. Where in the rule books does it say that players can all but physically assault someone, chasing them off the field cursing and hurling threats repeatedly...and the referee is supposed to just walk away. The referee did walk away, at least twice. I distinctly saw at least six Fairview players chase him all the way across the field as he tried to leave, running around people trying to hold them back to get in his face. So tell me, if that was your father or brother out there, you would just tell him not to react at all. At some point, when you are relying on the host school's parents and/or principal to keep kids from killing you or at least looking like they wanted to, your 'referee rules' fly out the window and you protect yourself. Try that out on the street somewhere, a soccer field doesn't change the rules of life. What the Fairview player's did should absolutely NOT be tolerated. I even heard their head coach yelling at a large group of the players saying he should never let them put a Fairview uniform on again. In all my years of playing and watching middle school, high school, collegiate and professional soccer, I have never seen such a distubing display as I saw out of the Fairview players at the end of that game. The sad thing is, Fairview is a pretty good team that had an opportunity to advance, some of their players had nothing to do with any of that behavior and those that did do wrong, robbed those players of a decent end to their season.

Where in the rule books does it say that players can all but physically assault someone, chasing them off the field cursing and hurling threats repeatedly...and the referee is supposed to just walk away.

So tell me, if that was your father or brother out there, you would just tell him not to react at all. At some point, when you are relying on the host school's parents and/or principal to keep kids from killing you or at least looking like they wanted to, your 'referee rules' fly out the window and you protect yourself.

Ignoring the fact the fact that i played soccer for many years, and speaking strictly as a referee, if someone came at me, insulting me and the way i called the game, i would walk off. but at the same time, the things that we (people in the stands) and we (people on sidelines) heard the ref say to fairview players, coach, and spectators, were unreal. if the center had not said some of the things he did, it would have been much easier for him to just walk of the field afterwards.

(just so you know, I have been in a situation so very similar... granted this game had more weighing on it... but still.... and it is easy enough for anyone with a decent hold on their emotions to walk away and then release frustrations after the fact)