McMinn wins the State Championship!

panther23

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think McMinn has a legitimate shot. Unfortunately playing Farragut right off the back doesnt help, but chances are they would have to meet up eventually. I think their keeper needs to be a little more aggressive especially against Farragut. Against Columbia he seemed a little slow reacting to some shots and the two headers that hit the post. They play the entire field to perfection and can cross the ball better than any team Ive seen this year. They have speed and pass the ball great always on someones feet. They controlled the play against Columbia but a strong defense kept the score respectable 3-0. Good luck to them.

Guest biggie20

i agree with ctowngk. brandon armstrong scares me. he is sometimes a little to relaxed. he could use some SERIOUS help. as for ctowngk. u mite be the greatest keeper i've seen. you played everyball almost perfectly. if you had a defense ya'll would be unstopable.

I just wanted to comend Columbia for their play. First of all their keeper was one of the best keepers I have seen. Their defense seemed to be really quick and pretty solid. We have played several teams that I just wanted to hit every player in the face after the game, but Columbia was a respectable team and I am glad to have played them. I talked to a couple of their forwards and they seemed to be good guys. I wish that we could have met them at state, but I do want to congratulate them for a successful season regardless of last nights outcome. Good Luck to you all next year!

Thanks alot. We are a little disappointed not going to state, but we went last year and it was a good experience. We needed to beat Blackman for the regional championship and then we would have played Cleveland instead of you guys. But Blackman beat us 1-0 in overtime. We lose a lot of seniors this year but our back line will still be there. The thing with Columbia is we dont have a real soccer coach. He is a football coach but does the best he can with soccer. We probably dont get the best training during the season. We are more or less self directed. Its obvious you guys are well coached. We dont use that as an excuse we just live with it and do the best we can. Making it to the final four last year was definitley unexpected and even though we had a fairly easy schedule down the stretch we made the most of it. We beat a couple of teams in the playoffs that had beaten us during the season and the worst team we played was for sectionals, Red Bank and they almost beat us. We took them to overtime for the win. Anyway play well in state. Too bad about playing Farragut right off the bat, but every team is beatable.

Hmm.. next year is a little shaky. We do have a sophomore goalkeeper that played for our junior varsity, but he needs help. Last year he was 250 pounds and during the offseason worked hard on loosing weight. I do believe he is down to around 190 which he pretty good for one summer. He is a little shaky with his hands and coming out on breakaways. And he when he dives, he does the rainbow and occasionally arches over the ball. But if he trains as hard this summer as he did last year, he should be quite a solid goalkeeper. next year Columbia should be quite a solid team, we return our sweeper, both fullbacks, most our midfield, and one of our strikers...

Edited by CtownGK