Benches clear Goodpasture vs USJ

wad

it just goes to show to all of u people who thought that these poor little innocent private schools let kids in their schools by religion, your wrong. these kids are brought to this schools to play ball not pray hard. ive recieved more cous'n from priate than poublic schools.

That`s a sad post and you have your own personal issues to deal with if you really believe what you said. I absolutely hate it when people spout off about things they know nothing about. :o

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok well lets see since we are christians we are supposed to meekly let USJ win ... not gonna happen we come to play and want every team we play to do the same.

we will give it our best and be glad to shake their hand when the game is over.

I have known Jay moreland since he was 13 years old and you will not find a finer young man! As for his father taking care of him lol now that is a dumb statement his father has raised Jay to speak his mind , stand up and do the right thing.

Veercoach has descibed what happend so I will not repeat it, but lets look at what happend.

The ump had not warned Jay for anything he had said or done which means he had done nothing out of line, end of story. It dosen't matter What the USJ players ,coaches or parents think about him or his comments.

bottom line and this is true in just about all cases such as this ,USJ was getting their hat handed to them and shown the door and dident like it, moreland got in the batters box got hit on purpose and laughed at the pitcher and then started to first. up to this point no problem thats baseball. When the USJ players went after Jay I guess they thought he was going to back down or apologize for getting in their heads. lol I have never seen Jay Moreland back down from anyone and dont think I will any time soon.

Now at the point the USJ players surronded Jay, only a fool would think he would not get the support he deseves from his team mates, I guarantee that he will not be alone when he is in such a situation. Oh I forgot This is USJ we are talking about and our boys should have meekly stayed in the dug out and left their teammate to fend for himself. lol I know these boys and just smile when I think about that happening.

I myself heard the USJ players shout in the first game for their fielder to " break his leg " yea class act!

Goodpasture has played USJ before , we lost, shook thier hand, and went home

and worked to get better. well that day is here we are better and we are not the ones going home.

VeerCoach,

Were you at the game-because you must have been sitting somewhere else. The only accurate part about your account is that Morris hit the batter. Morris never opened his mouth, I guess I would know, I'm his mother. Our catcher got between the GP catcher and the mound because the GP catcher took 3-4 steps into the infield toward the mound. If anyone was wagging his tongue, it was him. Morris stood on the mound with his arms folded the whole time. If you knew him you would know that he would have never cursed nor said anything. This is a kid who broke his arm throwing a pitch in April of 2003 and had only thrown 20 innings this season. Yes we were out of pitching and our #1 guy who threw against GP Tuesday hurt his back and arm then. GP has a great team and the incident was unfortunate but get the facts right and don't run down either program. The GP has an attitude problem, but he feeds off the stir that he causes.

GP was just the better team this year, that's all. The Bruins played great all season and got some bad breaks with pitching entering the state tournament.

That's the bottom line.

HEY PEOPLE!!!!

It`s over

Let`s don`t start the bickering about who was right or wrong. USJ is the premiere program in 1A over the last few years. Two state titles and a runner-up in the last three. It`s obvious that Goodpasture has a kick butt team this year so this was a huge game. If you have ever played an inkling of sports and have ever had the opportunity to play in a "big game", you know that emotions can run high.

How in the world this became a Christian issue is beyond me. I`m a Christian and like all Christians do I make mistakes too. This was just a game between two very good ball clubs. A lot was on the line and let`s not forget that these are 15, 16, 17, and 18 year olds. USJ is not even a Christian based school, but I know they strive to teach their kids to be great citizens.

You know some day I`d like to meet some of you "perfect" people that have never done something that maybe you shouldn`t have done.

Im a USJ dad and I think that Goodpasture was the better team this year like

we were last year. I did not attend any of the games but from what I heard

on the radio Goodpasture has alot of great hitters. Good luck to them

tomorrow I personally will be rooting for them. This years games are over

so let all of this go.

I am on under my husbands name just to let everyone know. Goodpasture is a top notch team and very competitive. Which is what should be if you play sports. It sounds like to me Jay Moreland was doing his job as a catcher and should not be put down for that. I know for a fact that he is a very good catcher and knows what he is supposed to do.

I really wish everyone would quit blowing this all out of proportion and let the teams have a great tournament. Goodpasture players and coaches have worked very hard to get where they have and they have great parents backing them where ever they go.

I am very proud of them on and off the field! Our team has not yelled to break USJ players legs. That tells me they have alot of class. If you don't know Goodpasture first hand, then don't believe everything you hear.

Nobodys son is ever a complete angel and some parents need to remember that.

Keep up the good work Goodpasture!!!!

Veer Coach what game were you at?

I was at the game and have seen the video, yes we have the whole incident before and after on tape . The GP player was hit by a pitch..left the batters box going towards the mound not first base and was in the grass 3-4 steps before USJ catcher Josh Liles got in front of him and encouraged him to go towards first with the ump on his heals... AJ never left the mound. The only shoving I saw was Coach Ballard of GP shoving his players that left the dugout to get them back to the dugout, they were on the first base line and their dugout is on the 3rd baseline. Yes the USJ players all ran in from the field their pitcher had been approached by an angry opponent.

Once again your sources are wrong.. AJ Morris never cussed the GP player and anyone that knows AJ or his family knows that this is a lie.

Would USJ have said break their legs as people were sliding into base. I don't see it and so far all of your sources have been wrong... We have 3 starters ( all USJ players know the pain they went thru) on the team that are just lucky and feel blessed to still be playing the game after major injuries in football and baseball and have worked their butts off to be able to play. Morris had a spiral break of the upper arm while throwing a pitch, SS Ryan Ross had major surgery on his throwing arm after breaking the upper bone near the shoulder and LF Andrew Long had emergency surgery to save his foot from amputation after he tore a leg muscle and developed compartment syndrome. This team knows the pain of injury and they would not want that on anyone. Just the fact that my son is walking, much less fielding pop flies is a blessing and we give our thanks .

Finally all USJ players shook hands of GP, they did not have to be told to ...the game was over and the handshaking started this also is on tape ..

Good Luck to all the remaining teams on your quest for a state championship

Well I'm sorry you seem to think everyone is wrong and you are right. I know for a fact that Goodpasture and USJ are great teams. I'm glad to say my son is on one of them. I do know what they said about breaking legs because my husband was there and heard everything Tuesday. I knew it was going to be tough between USJ and Goodpasture. That's what makes a great game. Not the parents arguing back and forth. All teams should be happy that they made to to state tournament. I wish all who is left in it good luck. They have all worked hard.

Being a christian school should have had everything to do with it, Do you think God doesn't care about how they act on the field?

You`re wrong.

There are lot`s of Christians that play for public schools and there are plenty of non-christians that attend private schools. Just because a kid attends a private christian school does not mean that he or she should be held to a higher standard than christians that attend public schools.

JCM is loaded with good christian kids. At times they too can let emotions take over, but in the sports world it is a good thing to have a little fire in your belly. It`s that fire that makes you strive to be better.

And yes God does care how they act on the field. He also cares how they act of the field. But God doesn`t look at those who attend private schools any different than those who attend public schools.

Comprende?