Knoxville Halls vs. Farragut for AAA State Champ

HiwasseeVol

I would agree that it would be amazing to see halls beat farragut. Amazing. However, Farragut 8 Halls 2.

Farragut State Champs 2 years in a row.

94-3 over the past two years. Wow that would be amazing.

Bro, you're my boy. If you get a chance, turn a DP to end it for me.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations are in order for both Farragut and Halls. You have represented your state, districts 3 and 4 AAA, region 2AAA, East Tennessee, and all of baseball in a magnificent way in the Spring Fling. Continued best wishes for both of you in this title game.

I agree GPop. Both teams are winners in my book.

I wish them both luck. I will have to root for Farragut since they are in Maryville's region. But! It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Halls win either. This years Halls team reminds me of Maryville in 1989. Maryville shocked Central(Helton,Freeman,Trammall) and Farragut to reach the state tourney. Maryville had about 10 losses that year. Maryville beat the state favorite twice(Nash McGavock) to win the title. Don't sell Halls short.

RebelRon,

Your memory is still somewhat clear. While the Maryville baseball team did make a surprising run thru the state tournament in 1989, I would not say that they "upset" Central to get there.

Todd Helton graduated from Central in 1992, Freeman and Trammel in 1991. That would have made them freshman and sophomores in '89.

I would have expected the senior loaded Maryville team of 1989 to win.

One player often forgotten on the great Central teams is Pug Woods. In high school he may have been the best player of the group.

I have watched all the baseball games this past week in Memphis and have been impressed by Halls. I wasn't impressed at all with Halls when they lost to Farragut back in regions, but they have done great since. Everyone overlooked them this past week, but Halls played great baseball. I'm pulling for Farragut, but I have to say congrats to the Red Devils for making a great run. It should be a great game tonight, Autozone field is amazing.

HSBBWEBB, helton graduated central in 1990 and they went 30-0 i know because they beat munford 34-2 both times in tourny. in 91 muford went 29-1 and won tourny.

No, Todd was a sophomore on that undefeated team. Bubba Trammell (the other member of that that who made the big leagues) was a senior.

Todd graduated from Central in '92 and then went to UT and played football and baseball for 3 years. He was drafted in the first round by the Rockies after his junior year, '95, and signed.

Edited by HTV