BA 2004

sophomore dillon searcy could give addison some competition for the starting job, also i think that Barry will see time as a WR and Ralls will get a lot more at TE also, Griffin will see some time at tailback as well as WR and i think he will play both strong and free safety. Also, Forte will be on the D-line too I'm sure.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turner at fullback??? Can't see that happening if he is something else he'll be a WR , that's what he played at spring practice, though I wouldn't mind seeing him clear a path for Tyree. As for the kicking game, I've been out practicing long snapping with them and it's pretty dead even but my guess is the dark horse Phillip Masters.

So u think that masters will beat out baker and varn? I don't think that will happen. I think if he works hard he could, maybe, but I think it will come to Baker and Varn. I have not seen any of them kick that much, so maybe you are right, but based on what I've seen this year and what i saw last year, i think Baker will cover the Punting duties and Varn will handle the kicking and kick offs are still up for grabs.

Well, there is Daniel Lewis, a lineman whose skills are often underestimated due to the strength and depth of Brentwood Academy's team. There is also Chris Benton, a cross-over tennis player whose untapped resources might be just the thing that BA needs. Overall, there are plenty of people to fill any holes in the line.

Huie is a beast, I think we will be the starting center if that's where the coachs want him if so than there could be a guard spot up for grabs. Vanderpool has moved to tight end for now but he DEFINITLY needs to move back to line. Two things interesting about this team : The incredible number of sophmores who could be contributors: Tyler Baker, Larry Brooks, Brandon Brown, Tyree Ford, John Garrett, Jason Huie, Bill Kottas, Dillon Searcy, Ryan White, and Brian Wright and some others all have a chance to compete for playing time and some such as Tyree and John Garrett will be starters. The other thing I noticed is the quantitiy of decent lineman : Forte, Burris, Berry, Hogan, Huie, Butler, Murphy, Johnson, Blount, Brandon, Lewis, McElhenny, Beki, Brasher, and Smith all have been in BA's system several years and all have a chance to contribute plus Vanderpool and Ralls who are currently TE's but might play line.

Are there any talented freshman this year? every year there seems to be atleast 1 freshman that gets some time. However this year seems to be a drop off in freshman talent, is that true? I know that the sophomore class is loaded so that could be why the freshman look weak. Also, from what it sounds, the kicking game could be a rough area for BA this year. 7059527176 says that Masters could start and from what i hear he's only been kicking a ball a few weeks, is he that good, or are the others just that bad?

Vanderpool has moved to tight end for now but he DEFINITLY needs to move back to line.

Vanderpool has worked hard in the off-season to try and have a shot at TE. With his work-ethic I wouldn't count him out at getting some playing time at TE if Barry moves to WR. Plus, the kid has some mighty fine wheels for a big man.

7059527176 says that Masters could start and from what i hear he's only been kicking a ball a few weeks, is he that good, or are the others just that bad?

;)

Vanderpool has worked hard in the off-season to try and have a shot at TE. With his work-ethic I wouldn't count him out at getting some playing time at TE if Barry moves to WR. Plus, the kid has some mighty fine wheels for a big man.

Is this Vanderpool related to Jerry who graduated in whatever year (00 or 01?)?

Also, what is BA's schedule this year. I know it's pretty much the same as last year but I'm too lazy to look it up.